SilverReciever

Greenie
Feb 16, 2017
Moscow region
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX\ XP Goldmaxx Power
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was about two years ago. I was reading and translating war journal of german regiment. And when i come to date of december 1941, I was suprised. It says that the regiment was reinforced with a unit of waffen-ss. About 600 men. Not the whole Infantry Regiment but 1/4 of it. It was battle of Moscow and russians started offensive operations to push Wehrmach back from our capital. It was realy cruel bloody clashes...

It was very great to find anything tied with waffen-ss, as such relics are most desirable and pretty rare.
I've prepared maps, studied some of sources also to define proper point and then we moved to that area.
We were a bit sad as we found some tracks of other detectorists. It is always a shame when you are not the first to discover. Anyway, one of the basic rules says - It is impossible to pull everything, something is always stays! So we began to do our job.

Ammo shells were everywere. Shapnels and fragmentations as much as dirt, which approves truly heavy fingting it was. And then my friend found ammo shell from german rifle marked with SS-TV (Totenkopfverbane) - supply for waffen-ss. Don't need to explain you that this simple finds gave us energy to research this place couple more times.
we have shared the found items as it is kind of agreement of our team.
SS Id-tag is set as cental among my military finds.

Attachments

• IMG_20150524_133846.jpg
    IMG_20150524_133846.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20150524_142501.jpg
    IMG_20150524_142501.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20150531_130001.jpg
    IMG_20150531_130001.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
SilverReciever

SilverReciever

Greenie
Feb 16, 2017
Moscow region
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is the most significant find for me at the moment.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 120

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds, ss pleases the eye!

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case you did not know:

Na. E. Abt. means Signals Replacment Unit.

So our number 5959 was a radio operator coming fresh from Ersatz Battalion (Training). Maybe he survived, at least the dog tag is whole. Maybe he discarded ist when he got the tag of his fighting unit.
Is that were you search related to the Rzhev battles?

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the book "1812" about Napoleons disastrous Russian Adventure.

Obviously, the French did in Moscow steal anything that was not nailed in place. As the book goes on there were numerous stories about table silverware and jewel encrusted icons discarded along the road: Too haeavy and wouldnt buy you slice of bread. Wonder if the local managed to pick up everything in the spring...................

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Obviously, the French did in Moscow steal anything that was not nailed in place. As the book goes on there were numerous stories about table silverware and jewel encrusted icons discarded along the road: Too haeavy and wouldnt buy you slice of bread. Wonder if the local managed to pick up everything in the spring...................

your making me want to go to russia

OP
OP
SilverReciever

SilverReciever

Greenie
Feb 16, 2017
Moscow region
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is that were you search related to the Rzhev battles?

It was closer to Juchnow. The unit is known as SS-I.R.4 Totenkopfstandarte. It was renamed to Langemark later, as far as i know.

Items of 1812 are truly the most attractive and the most hard to find. It will be another topic that i want to post.

your making me want to go to russia
Treasures of retreated french army is strong and legendary stories. There were many attempts to find it. It was right after war in 1830s, germans in 1940s also tried to find barrels of gold and silver hidden by napoleon's soldiers. It is just another wide subject to research. Need to spend whole life for it. And no any garantees)).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread