Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Metal Detectors1 week ago

Our pleasure to assist. Safari is a very good, but under-rated, FBS detector. How does EQUINOX compare to Safari regarding the main functions that most impact on performance.They both have similar Target ID resolution (50 segments compared to 51) and they both have 4 main detect modes. With Safari, the detect modes are based on target types and a preset discrimination pattern. With EQUINOX, the detect modes are based on the ground conditions. When running in "Multi" the Multi-IQ processing is specifically tailored for those locations. We will be covering this in more detail on Treasure Talk in the coming weeks/months, along with publishing practical reports from our testers in the northern hemisphere.

Found this in a response from minelab about the multi-feq and safari fbs
I thought other Safari users might be interested in the answer.

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is great info. Thank you clv. I have a Tesoro sand shark that I’m moving forward with trading in for the equinox 800. I’m pretty psyched about it. I’m also keeping my safari because I can’t imagine it not ever being my go to machine. I was going to trade it up for the ctx but I changed my mind. I love this machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread