Safari hits my best coin find yet
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree38Likes
  • 21 Post By BrettCo124
  • 2 Post By nagant
  • 2 Post By digging440yrs
  • 1 Post By devldog
  • 2 Post By Phishfarmer
  • 2 Post By Terry Soloman
  • 1 Post By BrettCo124
  • 1 Post By BrettCo124
  • 2 Post By Hawks88
  • 1 Post By devldog
  • 1 Post By clv
  • 1 Post By Happa54
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering

Thread: Safari hits my best coin find yet

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    Outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
    928 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Safari hits my best coin find yet

Hey all!

Realized I never posted this in the safari section, so I wanted to do so now. Itís important that everyone knows how freaking amazing of a beast this machine is.

Found this two weeks ago, along with the flying eagle (1857). A piece of American history, or so Iím reading. Itís a New Jersey copper coin from 1787. Only made these for a couple of years and then stopped. It was made right before the first official coin was ever minted.

Couldnít be more proud of this find. Believe it or not, out of the years of metal detecting, I had yet to find a coin older than 1940.

I posted the video of me finding it on my YouTube channel I just started. My name is The Fix Treasure Hunting if you want to see it in action.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526293228.277838.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	920.7 KB 
ID:	1589980

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526293246.035410.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	641.6 KB 
ID:	1589981

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526293256.235326.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	646.4 KB 
ID:	1589982

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526293271.577918.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	749.4 KB 
ID:	1589983

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526293281.878568.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	913.2 KB 
ID:	1589984

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526293380.758108.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	703.3 KB 
ID:	1589985

us
    dirt sniffer

Apr 2017
    iowa
    Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
    639 times
    That's a great find!
    BrettCo124 and devldog like this.

Charter Member
    us
    TOM

Dec 2012
    UPSTATE NEW YORK
    1970 COMPASS- WHITES SILVER EAGLE- WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL- GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
    4337 times
    devldog and BrettCo124 like this.
    A BAD DAY OF DIGGING IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    4272 times
    Relic Hunting
    BrettCo124, Congrat's on the find of the copper. That is one great piece of American History that you have found. It is funny coming across this post. I posted just a few minutes ago on another forum in the Safari thread concerning the Minelab Safari. I am a relic hunter from Georgia here, and I have in the past done a lot of research on the Safari. Then comes the new Equinox. I have been hoping that we may see a little price reduction on the Safari since the release of the Equinox and the fact that the Safari is not waterproof same as the Equinox. (Not knocking the Safari). I am more of a land relic hunter anyway. What are your thoughts on owning and swinging the Safari? If I were to buy a Minelab today it would be between these two models. For now the Safari is still about a $ 200.00 more than the Equinox 800.
    BrettCo124 likes this.

us
    Dan

Feb 2016
    Petersburg Virginia
    Deus, Others
    1324 times
    Relic Hunting
    Great coin finds. I'd love to find a Flying Eagle cent. Congrats and thanks for posting pics!
    BrettCo124 and devldog like this.
    Dig it!

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    25979 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
    928 times
    Quote Originally Posted by devldog View Post
    BrettCo124, Congrat's on the find of the copper. That is one great piece of American History that you have found. It is funny coming across this post. I posted just a few minutes ago on another forum in the Safari thread concerning the Minelab Safari. I am a relic hunter from Georgia here, and I have in the past done a lot of research on the Safari. Then comes the new Equinox. I have been hoping that we may see a little price reduction on the Safari since the release of the Equinox and the fact that the Safari is not waterproof same as the Equinox. (Not knocking the Safari). I am more of a land relic hunter anyway. What are your thoughts on owning and swinging the Safari? If I were to buy a Minelab today it would be between these two models. For now the Safari is still about a $ 200.00 more than the Equinox 800.
    Hey there,

Iíd recommend going with the equinox 800 but only because the weight of the safari can be exhausting after a while, and the equinox has a faster recovery speed. Seems like the equinox is just an all around amazing machine. If the safari was completely waterproof, Iíd say go with safari because I own it and can say itís a beast. I love my safari. But I wouldnít pass up the equinox 800 if I had to choose today.

You canít go wrong either way. I know that doesnít help much, but go with your gut and make the purchase based on your needs. Equinox is lighter, waterproof, has amazing gold recovery, backlit screen, etc. Thats why Iíd go with equinox today.
    devldog likes this.

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    928 times
    Thanks everyone!!
    devldog likes this.

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600
    11836 times
    That is a beautiful coin. Congrats on a great find.
    devldog and BrettCo124 like this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    4272 times
    Relic Hunting
    On the contrary, this does help and give me something to think about. I always like to hear from folks who own and use certain models and what their thoughts and reviews are on certain models. I appreciate you taking the time to give an honest opinion. Thanks again, and Continued Success to you.
    BrettCo124 likes this.

clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Minelab Eureka gold, Tesoro Compadre, and TRX Pin Pointer Have owned; White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro, fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, fisher 1235x, Garret Master Hunter V
    1076 times
    great finds, congrads!
    BrettCo124 likes this.
    Don' ask, Don't tell, just DIG!

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    928 times
    Quote Originally Posted by devldog View Post
    On the contrary, this does help and give me something to think about. I always like to hear from folks who own and use certain models and what their thoughts and reviews are on certain models. I appreciate you taking the time to give an honest opinion. Thanks again, and Continued Success to you.
    Youíre welcome. You wonít go wrong with either choice. So if your heart is set on the safari, get the safari. Itís a monster. Everyone here will tell you that. Get the equinox if you want something lighter and fully waterproof. Honestly you wonít go wrong. Iím going to eventually get the equinox 800, possibly in the next few months. It will compliment my safari as my in-water machine.

For my research, Iíve found from other users that theyíd tell me the safari can do exactly what the ctx3030 can do, minus the bells and whistles that Iíd probably never use anyways. But now Iím hearing people say theyíd trade in their ctx3030 for the new equinox because itís THAT good.

That leads me to believe you canít go wrong with either choice. I think they are both monsters.

us
    Feb 2016
    Los Angeles
    EQX 800
    321 times
    Metal Detecting
    You have something really special there. Great job. Congrats !!!!!!
    BrettCo124 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
    35058 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Congratualtions on the nice old coppers!
    BrettCo124 likes this.

Sponsored Links