ALUMINUM CAR/TRUCK RIMS

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
in the past I've gotten between .55 -.75 per pound .... but that was before the market crashed. check your local scrap yards what they'll do for you. Right now it's about .15 - .20 per pound best. That's for Aluminum ... the could also be steel .04 per pound..... good luck hope you can make some bucks!

Rumblebelly

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
If they look Al. they are Al.
Better still they are " Mag. alloy rims ". i.e. Magnesium Aluminium alloy for extra strength and are worth more than pure Al.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if it's still the same today, We cleaned out a garage that had 7 semi rims stacked in the corner. My partner took em by a truck stop & got $200 apiece for them. With a handful of phone numbers in case we ran into more. Better than what we could've gotten for scrap. Doesn't hurt to ask.

cwlead

Mar 24, 2008
I've tried other sites here on treasurenet.com and I'm going to try here one more time to see if anyone here knows how and where to sell low alpha lead; they use it in high-end computers. If there is no one that can help me, I promise I won't bring this subject up again here. Thanks in advance for any help.

OP
OP
$

$CUERVOJ

Jul 29, 2007
TEXAS
Thanks everyone. I attend alot of auctions and might start stocking up on these rims. Who knows what they will bring. Thanks again!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured that, just couldn't pass up the chance to be a smarty alec ;D The Boogieman made me do it! (And if you remember that line welcome esteemed member of the ole farts club) ::)

Still think you'd get better prices selling them as a whole vs. scrap value.

aaron7

Aug 24, 2005
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Local yard gives me 80c a pound for aluminum. Most car and truck aluminum rims weigh 15-25lbs... $12-$20 EACH wheel!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread