Low Alpha lead question

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
A show called "Treasure Quest" had one story about something called "low Alpha lead" so long story short it is something they use in the computer industry, is very valuable, and I think I have may have several hundred pounds in the shop, but have not been able to find any place that will test and buy.

Have done multiple INTERNET searches, called scrap yards, all I can find is places selling the stuff and they are not talking...

This stuff goes for 20-100 bucks (depending on alpha count) a pound so you can see why I would love to find someplace purchase it. Any suggestions welcome!!!!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sheldon J said:
A show called "Treasure Quest" had one story about something called "low Alpha lead" so long story short it is something they use in the computer industry, is very valuable, and I think I have may have several hundred pounds in the shop, but have not been able to find any place that will test and buy.

Have done multiple INTERNET searches, called scrap yards, all I can find is places selling the stuff and they are not talking...

This stuff goes for 20-100 bucks (depending on alpha count) a pound so you can see why I would love to find someplace purchase it. Any suggestions welcome!!!!
I dont know where to sell it but Im going to follow this post to find out.

A Charter Member can do a search here.

Jay-in-Pa

Jan 12, 2007
NE Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I would love to find out more obout this Low Alpha lead and what it is worth.

Thanks Jay :thumbsup:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Low Alpha lead is old lead. A Charter Member can search here at TN and get more info from the old posts..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread