Dumpster Diving for Fun and Profit

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
snake35 said:
I just scored a copy of "Dumpster Diving for Fun and Profit" off Fleabay for $1.25 shipped to me!! I read it years ago, and I remember it being pretty funny. I need a laugh to get me through these times of low scrap prices.
I was wondering if you could PM me that book thanks.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The book only have 162 pages.....Matt

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
This book is incredible I want to know where this man is today. I read the entire book and will purchase a copy it is that good. I especially love his hobby dealing with junk mail. This frank accounting of Americans explains why we are where we are today. I especially love his view of the people attending college when you think about it this explains so much about how our world is the way it is. He should write 20 books this man is gifted not only in his cynical view of society but his ability to tell the story that had me laughing outloud probably over 30 times. Has to be the best book I have read in the last 10 years. Strangely the book was produced in 1993 it is already an antique had I read this book back then my life had been so different because so much in the book is based in hard core truth. Masterpiece! :headbang: :laughing9: :laughing9: :headbang:

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Just bought this off of ebay.....be here soon........read some online....can't wait to read the rest :hello2:

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
I applied some of the tips this weekend so far it got me a 13 in color TV, four stamps,2 lamps,plates,one decent frying pan,an excellent frying pan,some office supplies, last but not least was 3 pieces of clothing brought to a consignment shop for $14 cash.

kmatcek

Greenie
May 5, 2006
Lufkin, TX
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I dumpster dive everyday and recently found a calphalon omelette pan that the teflon was ruint so I sent it back and just received my new replacement. About a $60.00 freeby.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hypoman said:
Just bought this off of ebay.....be here soon........read some online....can't wait to read the rest
Me too, I got one on the way from amazon. I tried to download from the website mentioned above and it slowed my computer down to a crawl. That is not a regular pdf. Besides I like to read things that is ink on paper. Might have something to do that I am in the printing business and that pays the bills. :-\

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
cyberdan said:
hypoman said:
Just bought this off of ebay.....be here soon........read some online....can't wait to read the rest
Me too, I got one on the way from amazon. I tried to download from the website mentioned above and it slowed my computer down to a crawl. That is not a regular pdf. Besides I like to read things that is ink on paper. Might have something to do that I am in the printing business and that pays the bills. :-\
Yeah. I've tried to read e-books, i just end up printing the pages out and reading them that way. Haha. I got my book today. It's great. Definitely worth the money. That link didn't work for me either, it was actually a huge annoyance trying to get it to work.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm....... Was it the 70s or the 80s they told us by 2000 we'd be a paperless society :icon_scratch: At least now when I read Ebooks and fall asleep I don't wake up to a pile of rumpled pages ::) But, trying to figure out where the 27 1/2 pages of I s came from ain't fun :laughing7:

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
boogeyman said:
Hmmm....... Was it the 70s or the 80s they told us by 2000 we'd be a paperless society :icon_scratch: At least now when I read Ebooks and fall asleep I don't wake up to a pile of rumpled pages ::) But, trying to figure out where the 27 1/2 pages of I s came from ain't fun :laughing7:

And how the keyboard buttons became stuck to your face. ;D

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
My copies are still in the mail but the library came through they interlibry loaned the 2 books get this the nearest library with a copy was 300 miles away they got me the books for free and faster than amazon could get the books in the mail to me. Im on page 61 in the second book and the second book is difficult to read cause he changed his writing style he goes into things that are odd interesting but hard to follow the way he conveys the info,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread