Collecting scrap can be deadly

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Using the same EOD techniques that the VC used to turn our own ordinance against us in the '60s .
Effective and very dangerous for the incautious .
Darwin candidate , I assume ....

Lou from downunder

Mar 16, 2009
Can be expensive as well!

Probably only relevant to those of us in Oz but I took a trailer load of old washing machines, dryers etc to Sims in Seaford just after a hard rubbish drive.
The girl at the weighbridge office had a bit of attitude about her as she was asking me what I had and where I got it from.
After convincing her that I had'nt picked it up on the roadside I asked what the big deal was about. She told me that if I had then she was obliged to pass my details onto the local council who would then fine me $500.
Great!

So fellow Aussies, bewarned!

Lou.

OP
OP
pygmy

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I allways ask the owner in municipalities like yours where there is only a mass annual pick up.
In my area one rings up and books a free pick up. One a year is allowed / household.
A pink sticker supplied to you states one cannot ADD to the pile, but I usually ask.
I contacted my council and they can fine you for "scavenging" without permission.

Battery prices are at a record high of 52c/Kg , yet pressed steel last week was only $180/ton.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Ohio you have to ask the property owner if you can take the scrap that they set out. If you don't have permission you can get fine....Matt

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. "He had a device to find mines and bombshells, so he could find many,"
2. "It happened because the husband was trying to pound the bombshell to take out the explosives,"
3. the man earned money from selling metal from unexploded bombs and more than 100 bombs remained inside his house

Three strikes you're out!

Guess this falls under....... Thinning the herd. ;D ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread