goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, found a broken Ipod touch beneath the receding snow today. It is waterlogged and the screen busted up. I'm pretty sure there is nothing that is going to bring it back to life. I heard that some people will buy them busted to refine out the PM, etc. Any good place to do this? Thanks

HH
-GC

theirratonalist

Nov 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldencoin said:
Hello, found a broken Ipod touch beneath the receding snow today. It is waterlogged and the screen busted up. I'm pretty sure there is nothing that is going to bring it back to life. I heard that some people will buy them busted to refine out the PM, etc. Any good place to do this? Thanks

HH
-GC

Not much gold inside of an ipod. Maybe 3 dollars worth? Which is like 1/20 of a gram.
Best place to sell is a repairman. Usually it's hard to get into contact with those guys, so my next guess would be selling it on eBay. People will buy them for parts... Usually repairmen. :icon_thumleft:

theirratonalist

Nov 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
traderoftreasures said:
soak it in rice for a while (dry) i've done it and it worked.

When I dropped my phone in a puddle, I set it in a mixture or rice and calcium chloride, and it worked just fine the next night. I wonder how long it took for that to catch on with people, because until then I had never heard of it.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
goldencoin said:

HH
-GC

Try Ebay. Sold my water logged Iphone for nice cash. Much better than scrap. :)

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up throwing it in a donation box, wasn't worth the trouble and hopefully they can send it in bulk to a refiner

HH
-GC

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell mine to a recycler in FL. He pays $4 lb and picksup shipping. He does have a min of 20lb. I just bought almost 800 phones on July 4. that is my 2nd buy from him, the first was 1000 ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions