how do I go about scraping a mini van???

tony24

Feb 27, 2005
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236 x2, cibola,BH quickdraw 2
I have a 1994 ford windstar with a blown engine that i want to scrap. i could use the money for a trip this weekend. How would I go about scraping it. Could I just rent a tow dolly from uhaul and take it down to the scrap yard as it is now? Or do I need to dismantle it into pieces?? I have a pickup truck also but no trailer to haul the vehicle there

Thanks
Tony :coffee2:

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
If the yard isn't to far I would just drag it there with the truck. A dolly will cost u. Around here they charge about 80 bucks just to rent it. Also cut the catalayic converter off. Those can be worth a pretty penny. As far as anything else sounds like u want to get rid of it fast. Check the tires no sense in letting good tires go to waste just swap them out with some bad ones and drag it in there. Look up on the internet about the catalayic converter to see exactly where it is at

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also check with the yard you would plan on taking it to and find out their requirements. Some yards require the gas tank be removed, fluids drained, etc.

xasp61

Apr 27, 2010
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
V3, XLT, F75, MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have the title in hand... They will not take it without the title.

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia
call the wrecking yard or places like pull a part, pick your part, etc. they will give you a price on the phone and pick it up. A friend in CA just sold an Cavalier for $350.00 and they picked it up. For the truck look for a place like Pick Up Truck Sa

OP
OP
tony24

tony24

Feb 27, 2005
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236 x2, cibola,BH quickdraw 2
no i still have the van.. It is just sitting at my brothers apartment complex..

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
before you take it in can i shoot 1200 holes in it. yes we had 1 worst thing on the road

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread