scrap battery prices

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
anyone know of a place close to russell ks that is paying decent for batteries. the closest yard in great bend STILL is only paying $1 per battery. I saw a online ad for someone paying $4 a battery and am wondering if i should give him a call, or just go ahead and keep looking. what are all you guys getting for batteries where your at?

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several people are paying $8.00 - $9.00 per battery here around the Kansas City area. Take a look in the Craigslist for the KC area. I am sure a lawnmower or motorcycle battery would be less.

Good Luck!

Bob

K

Kentucky Kache

$8.00 for car batteries, and $3.00 for motorcycle batteries.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DemonWolfe said:
anyone know of a place close to russell ks that is paying decent for batteries. the closest yard in great bend STILL is only paying $1 per battery. I saw a online ad for someone paying $4 a battery and am wondering if i should give him a call, or just go ahead and keep looking. what are all you guys getting for batteries where your at?

I'd say it depends on what size/kind of battery you have to sell.

Here in North Texas, the battery people say it takes 2 car batteries to trade in on one "deep cycle" trolling/golf-cart battery.

It takes 4 car batteries for a core trade-in on just ONE of the large, 6-Volt, L-16 acid batteries used in floor machines and solar charging. (Those L-16 size weigh about 118 lbs. each)

FYI

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guy in Fl, only gives $6.00 for car batteries, a dollar or two more for marine/heavy equipment batteries.
Sounds like ya'll doing better, in some parts, of Kansas. Good for you and good luck!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Batteries here in Ohio is bringing $6 each. I took in 4 car and 2 lawn motor bateries and got $36 for all 6.......Matt

Svverwter

Greenie
Jul 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that*this information is*the best.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread