Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you separate it out yourself most places will only give you tin prices. Your best bet is to learn as much as you can and separate before taking it in. You will need to anyway so now is as good a time as any to start. Below is a link to a site that can teach you a lot:

http://scrappingmetal.blogspot.com/

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
What Wayne said! They won't do the work for you and you could be throwing away good money. Check out that site he posted. Cut off all wires that you can off anything that has wire to it. Here last time I was in metal was 8 cents but coated wire was around 28 cents. And if you really want the thicker wire not small appliance wire or normal extention cords but house current wire that runs through you wall or big appliance wire strip it it was going for over 2 dollars a pound here in Colorado. yellow brass and aluminum is also more than scrap metal prices and don't forget to check for stainless steel. It can be a chore but is worth the effort to seperate things. Good luck

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insulated wire at most places is now running a dollar a pound or so.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
went to scrap yard today all I had was cast aluminum and some #2 copper wire. Aluminum was .58 cents and the copper was $3.02 copper went way up since last I was in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread