#1 plastic and Glass bottles

hobo finds

Mar 15, 2010

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
what is #1 plastic bottles if I may ask, as far as I know no one around here will pay for anything like plastic or glass, its a shame, as much of it as there is i the ditches!

OP
OP
H

hobo finds

Mar 15, 2010
I took down 87 lbs of glass bottles / jars @ .05 lb & 18 lbs of #1 plastic water btl @ .30 lb. Made $9.75 TTL Not realy worth it but better than giving it away to the city! LOL

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
dingdong said:
they keep it a closed market here in nyc but not for long they let u dump clean plastic for free it going to break open soon here to cant wait stockpiling the plastic now

Wouldn't you be farther ahead getting back the nickle deposit? A 24 oz. bottle from a 6-pack of Pepsi weighs one once. It would take 16 to make a pound. If NY pays the same as AZ it's .30. By getting the deposit you make .80. So basically you'd lose .50 a lb taking them to the scrapyard.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian B said:
dingdong said:
they keep it a closed market here in nyc but not for long they let u dump clean plastic for free it going to break open soon here to cant wait stockpiling the plastic now

Wouldn't you be farther ahead getting back the nickle deposit? A 24 oz. bottle from a 6-pack of Pepsi weighs one once. It would take 16 to make a pound. If NY pays the same as AZ it's .30. By getting the deposit you make .80. So basically you'd lose .50 a lb taking them to the scrapyard.
There are only 10 states and 1 territory that have a bottle bill (refundable deposit).

•California
•Connecticut
•Guam
•Hawai'i
•Iowa
•Maine
•Massachusetts
•Michigan
•New York
•Oregon
•Vermont
http://www.bottlebill.org/about.htm

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
hobo finds said:
AZ is not a deposit state!

I know. I wasn't talking about AZ. Did you see the quote in my post? the guy said he was stockpiling in NYC and that it was a closed market. I made no reference to you. Sorry for the confusion. I too live in a depositless state, but NYC is in NY which has deposit.

OP
OP
H

hobo finds

Mar 15, 2010
Well I knew it was too good to last! They stoped taking glass! But a new place is now taking #2 plastic bottles for .05 a lb.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread