Catalytic converter worth?

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
Well good luck selling the converter hope u get a good price for it and I hope u get your solar panels up and running here pretty soon. I have always thought about some solar panels to help save energy but I have no idea where to begin so that will never happen. Anyways good luck on any future scrapping adventures. A few years ago I knew next to nothing about scraping. Just about eerything I know now I learned from the guys on here. Check out this guys website it is full of information
www.scrapmetaljunkie.com
Learned alot from him as well. Any questions ask him he's on here sometimes but I think his site keeps him busy these days.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
billjustbill said:
You are very Welcome Bill.. The motto I always go by.. "One mans trash is another mans treasure".. Some folks have the means to buy everything sparkling brand new, Some of us do not..

Poorhunter[/quote]

I do understand from where you are coming..... I grew up on a 160 acre, dryland farm.....I watched and learned to stretch the dollar, work honestly, steadily, and hard, and to realize that we had to work on most things before, during and after we needed them, just to keep the going... Now in my 60's, I started my solar project dream based on two large, used, 120 watt solar panels I found at the local flea market for $22.50 each....

The two areas where inflation has hit, and will continue to pull dollars out of your pocket, are Food and Energy. I'm just trying to build it with spare dollars, paying for everything as I go. For a 3-4KW off grid battery system, I started gathering funds and panels/equipment/materials 20 months ago. I wouldn't be working on this solar panel project to replace 1/3 to 1/2 of my utility bill, had I not been willing to do the work myself, and found most every piece of equipment on sale, on close out, or with some kindness and help from others.

With an attitude and insight like yours, you'll find a way to get what you "need". Learning a little about a lot of things can give you bridges to new areas you not only didn't know about, but also can improve your life as you "see" how things connect to each other and back to you....
There's a saying that helped me keep me constantly learning new things in fields not normally used in daily life, but seeing how they could be...:

"Chance favors the prepared Mind."

Thanks again for your help and the help of other forum members.

Good Luck with finding and using the chances you'll see are out there,

Bill
[/quote] Bill, My wife went through many years of college.. I went through all her old books.. There are places to sell them.. You get less cause they pay shipping..

There are places you can sell your converter same way.. But it's up to you how you sell it.. If you have an ebay account, Or know someone who will sell it for you.. I would say that is where you will get the maximum price from it..
:thumbsup:
Poorhunter

Scrappy J

Jul 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a bead

It looks like a bead worth about 50 or so dollars

When you said "Pancake" style, it really described the interior of it. While I was looking into both ends of converter, it appears as if a "Pancake" is setting in there flatwise.... So, even "Pancake" converters have beads that I should see if I can get the metal plug removed?

Here's a pic showing the $1 converter and a very worn silver plated platter found at the same garage sale. Except for the Zinc/Pewter handles I'll remove, the platter's base metal shows to be copper and weighs just over 5 lbs.... It was priced at $4.

For a $5 cost, maybe I can still make a little from selling both on these along with the other scrap I've collected with my next trip to the scrap yard.... :D

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for starting this thread. I just replaced mine. The new ones cost $490 and right after I bought the price jumped to $630. I've listed my old ones (2) and its already up to $116. crazy. I never would have thought of Ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread