Brass tub fixtures

harris1

Mar 8, 2013
lexington ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/ace 250
Hauled off a cast iron tub in the hopes of scrapping it . The lady proceeds to give me the brass fixtures in entirety, so dilemma is I've researched items to find that the tub was most likely made in 1909 and the fixtures are a standing hardware set brass made for s.s.m co formerly D&m Sheriff style 6 ball handles. How would I go About selling items that weight so much ? Is there a market ? Bill Lexington ky

image-1310867938.jpg

Attachments

• image-322075150.jpg
    image-322075150.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 190

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There could be several different markets. I have a plumber that I have worked with for years, and he pays real good money for that type of old fixtures. He then sells and installs them in upscale renovations . Other options are interior decorators, artectects, and salvage houses, who wholesale to contractors. At the very least, being that they are so heavy, there is always the scrap yard. Good luck.

OP
OP
harris1

harris1

Mar 8, 2013
lexington ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/ace 250
After further research I believe they are between 142 144 yrs old !!!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, do not scrap them! They are certainly worth a bundle to anyone trying to do a period renovation of a house

HH
-GC

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you did not "Scrap Then" esp, in that Condition.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't give us dimensions of the fixture but it looks like you may be able to dismantle it a bit to make it fit a large flat rate priority mail box. Check Ebay or other auction sites for sold prices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions