Question about scrapping iron

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm new to scrapping so i was wondering if you could help me out? Do scrap yards take this kind of stuff?

The pile of stuff is mostly siding or something, and the stuff in the barrel is some siding stuff and some springy things the stuff in the dog food bag is barbed wire and stuff, the other pic is a small quad frame/ engine. So my question is do scrapyards take this stuff and what do you think I could get for it? Thanks!

Attachments

• image-509853135.jpg
    image-509853135.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 167
  • image-3826665760.jpg
    image-3826665760.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 158

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They should take it. They wont take the rubber tire. Call them and tell them what you have to make sure before you load it up. They might not pay much but it's better than having to pay someone else to hall it away.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to check the engine on the ATV with a magnet, some of it is most likely alum. and if dismantled and sold seperatly, worth more that weighed and sold as simple metal.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rule of thumb is if its metal the yard will take it. Like GM said check the motor, most likely aluminium and even the rims may be alumimium. The quad frame may be worth something as well. I can't tell what model it is but someone on CL may want it. As of right now I believe scrap iron is around .7-10 cents a pound or around 190-240 depending on where you live in the country. Aluminium is around 50 cents apound here but I have heard it being higher in other states like the east coast. I have a great site to check out, if you are interested PM me since I can not promote a competeing forum on here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread