Anyone here scrap out old computers and tv sets?

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spankster13

Apr 11, 2007
West By God Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DI5900
I do computers and sell alot of the mobo's on ebay. here lately boards have been hit or miss on prices. I do send alot to boardsort .com. Chris is great to deal with. He buys the pci cards with the metal bracket still on and will even buy them with the gold fingers cut off , my last shipment I got 3.20 lb for the cards with fingers removed. They also take the lithium ion batteries from cellphones and laptops now for 1.10 a lb Processors and ram all go to ebay. They have been doing good lately. Average on memory on the bay has been 15-20 per pound. My scrap yard has been giving me 25 cent a lb for the power supplies as long as the wires are attached. Most power supplies have mostly aluminum hookup wires now. Lately I have been going into neighborhoods and posting flyers on the street poles that I will be back on a certain day or evening to pickup old and broken computers. I leave the date and times with my phone # and have been having real good luck. I average 10-20 computers a week. Good luck and thanks for helping to recycle.

OP
OP
GMD52

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hobo finds,

Thanks, just checked out the sites and they look like they will fill the bill. Appreciate the info.:icon_thumright:.

sharon_honore

Jul 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always take my scrap metal pieces down to the SIMS recycling plant near my house in Mississippi. It’s one of the most reasonable plants offering services for electronics recycling in Greenville. Visit SIMS Metal Management facility in Greenville, MS if you wish. I believe SIMS has recycling centers in Connecticut and Massachusetts so you may want to find out if they accept any electronic items.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GMD52

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharon, thanks for the tip, I'll check them out. Welcome to Tnet, appreciate your first post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions