Since Im in a manic mood this morning ill ask...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Either way your recovery of stems will be time consuming and there's no easy scrap. Like the ol' saying goes "If it would have easy, it would have been done…scrap 101"

The easiest method for low recovery items is to clean a few and take a weight before and after to figure out the recovery rate, then shop around to the yards that do low recovery exports. Then it's an easy case of just collecting the product then instead of using large amounts of time for a low recovery return. Most yards might want to do their own % return tests and getting a quote from their buyer before giving you a quote. If you call them you must have a good idea of how much product you'll have to sell and if it's going to be a one time or repeat order. Basically looking at it from a scrap yard perspective if you have a pail of uncleaned stems and that's it for quantity, well it'll be worth a low recovery brass content price.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Sorry I missed this reply Thanks.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread