Boardsort.com and scrapping cell phones

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone used boardsort.com? I was also wondering if the only battery in the cell phone is the main outside battery that you get if you pop off the back. They don't have any in them or anything do they?

Nope that's the only battery however iphones batteries can not be removed only with special tools.

manorman

Dec 8, 2008
I phone's are worth a lot more then scrap value you will get much selling them on e-bay or Craig's list then you will for scrap.
some places buy those batteries too so don't toss them.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you sell the old flip phones and ones like that? I will sell any smartphones or anything like that if I find, them, but I didn't know about these old wore out flip phones.

csmcgoo

Mar 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you sell the old flip phones and ones like that? I will sell any smartphones or anything like that if I find, them, but I didn't know about these old wore out flip phones.

What type of phones are you seeking to sell? I'm a buyer of used phones and might be able to help you get some cash out of them.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just buy them and then sell them to a scrap company. Most are messed up, have the screen busted, etc.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bunch of old cell phones for scrap.. any idea where I can get rid of them to get some extra $$.. I probably have over 130 mobile phones.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell them on eBay, or look up Boardsort.com. They give $5.25 per pound right now for cell phones without batteries. You have to pay shipping though. Best bet would probably be a long medium flat rate box.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just put them up on Ebay.. thanks for the suggestion though. Just isn't appealing to pay my own shipping when I have over 120 phones.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I know what you're saying there. They normally bring more on eBay anyway. I just want a quick sell. By the way, Boardsort told me they destroy everything, so if you had some that you wanted memory destroyed on, they would be a good choice. Let me know how you do on them!

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That should go high. Just to be honest, I'm surprised it doesn't have a bid yet.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry it took so long to get back. They went pretty good I thought!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread