Low grade boards

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure. I am learning about the different grades of boards now. I know that green is the preferred board(brown or otherwise appear to always be low grade). Not sure about whether removing the capacitors will effect what you can get out of them after the fact. From what I have seen, a 'clean' board is one without CPU and RAM chips and without aluminum and steel parts...that is with nothing ever being said about the remaining components other than the 'pins' and some 'contacts'(which is what they're after I think).

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the low grade boards aren't worth much at all. I am not planning on removing capacitors from the motherboards etc, just the low grade. I thought brown on one side was always low grade, I just have found this one that looks good on one side. I'll try to get some pictures up at some time. Thanks!

hobo finds

Mar 15, 2010
You can take stuff of low grade boards no problem. Some brown boards can be better than low grade, just depends whats on them...

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, I thought so. I mainly wanted to remove the ceramic capacitors and see how many I can pile up. Are all of them that look that way ceramic?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread