Money for Old Beer Caps

G

garbage digger

bigcypresshunter said:
Dont throw away those old crown bottle caps. They may be worth money! Here is a price listing of beer caps for sale.
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&hl=en&sig2=NQP5lYDWedGI4Bh9GfKGlA&start=27&t

Most people don't realize that there is a fairly large demand for various beer caps especially the older cork lined caps. Some people collect nice used caps that aren't disfigured and some collect unused caps that never made it to bottles. There are many cap collectors. My wife and I happen to be some of those crazy people. LOL. You can even sell newer caps especially if they are limited editions to people who can't simply go to the store and get them. People from Canada might buy or trade with people in Latvia and so on. Also if you have large lots of the same desirable cap (say one with a polar bear on it) they can be sold on ebay to people who use them for crafts. It's much cheaper for crafts people to buy say 50 caps from people who have collected them rather than go buy 50 beers/soda's just to get the caps. I never knew there was such a large group of collectors until my wife decided she wanted to start collecting.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
OMG, daughter is pissed off at me. Just yesterday my daughter got in trouble at school for talking back to teacher so her punishment at home was cleaning out dads shop. So in the process she came accross my scrap finds from the last 5 years or so. I decided it was time to clean out the whole place so I told her they were worthless so toss them. Now I find this ;D Guess who I just got out of bed and is currently going through the trash bin before garbage men show up. :D ;) Thanks Bigcy, what a save.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS !

I always keep the Nice ones.

It's hard to dig them with the Cork still in place though.

I never realized prices like that though.

$35.00 !!!!

Attachments

• Muehlebach%20Pilsner.jpg
    Muehlebach%20Pilsner.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 10,121

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread