Aluminum Can Baler

rlbob

Sep 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After tossing cans in the trash for years my wife said she would not mind recycling the cans but the leaky trash bags full of yellow jackets was not going to cut it. So I got to thinking about using my 5 ton splitter to do the job. Its not a very big splitter but it is electric and quiet. After a month or so of testing I figured it out. It crushes 264 cans into a 10 inch bale.
I made ten bales and took them to the recycle yard. It created quite a sensation at the recycling yard then the manager said he would prefer whole cans. Yea right lets see 10 bales which fit neatly in a car trunk vs 2,640 whole cans which would not fit in a pickup. Anyway they gave us $48 for the 80 lbs of cans. I have a video posted of it and will be posting tutorial for anyone who wants to make one themselves. Of course you will have to make a few changes to fit your splitter. I will only be making a general how to video but if you have any questions I will try to answer them on my Youtube channel rlbob1. I also have a Jaw type gold ore crusher video and tutorials but I should post that link on another thread on this forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread