Need a buyer for Counter Act electronic rust prevention

freepistol

Apr 13, 2016
Berwick, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent $5600 on a huge batch of these and haven't sold any. Would like to salvage some of my dough back out of the units. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Ben

counteractcar.JPG

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
As the company is out of business and no automakers offer a similar option, I would have to believe it doesn't work as advertised. Seems there are several other forums out there that have discussed this, with one forum apparently being specifically about this product. It seems that many believe the ideals behind the product to be sound, but not practical in real-world conditions. Personally, I think it's just one of the MANY scams that have been "invented" and "patented" and "sold" to trusting people. Anyone can offer a lifetime warranty - but how can that be honored if the company is out of business?

So what might be the point of even selling this product? It's small - VERY small - and likely very inexpensive to manufacture. 2nd, they get a patent on the device. Patents DO NOT guarantee that something works - it ONLY offers limited protection against people stealing your ideas/technology. 3rd, you throw in a "Lifetime Warranty" - wow!, that sounds great! Just spend $120 bucks on this thing, bring it in twice a year to be checked, and I never have to worry about my car rusting. How long does it take for a newer car to rust? In many areas, a lifetime. Up here where the roads get heavily salted at times, just a few years. Now, imagine if this product costs $5 to manufacture, another $5 to market and deliver to retailers, that could be a profit of $50 per unit. If someone sells 20,000 units in 3 years, that's $1 MIL just in PROFITS!! Not too bad a living, especially if maybe this isn't your only "product".

There are people out there who make their living building such gadgets. All of them must work in some way. In this case, it appears to have a sound theory. However, it just doesn't seem practical (IMO) and should fall in the don't-waste-your-money category.

But like I said, I've never even heard of these things before. Don't know how long they were in business. Don't know how many they sold or where sold at. Just my opinion.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe try and sell on eBay? Or try some local used car lots?

OP
OP
freepistol

freepistol

Apr 13, 2016
Berwick, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks 0121,
I'm just hoping they have some scrap value. Is there any value in the electronics inside? The case is aluminum so I can get enough to buy a soda from that. I have maybe 40 of 'em in 3 sizes.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 0121,
I'm just hoping they have some scrap value. Is there any value in the electronics inside? The case is aluminum so I can get enough to buy a soda from that. I have maybe 40 of 'em in 3 sizes.

Do you have any examples of how they work or any first hand experiences with them working

OP
OP
freepistol

freepistol

Apr 13, 2016
Berwick, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you have any examples of how they work or any first hand experiences with them working
Personal experience, no. I originally wanted these to prevent corrosion of dissimilar metals. I tried to get the ones for aircraft, but only received these for several size vehicles. The theory is the unit puts a charge in the metal that prevents corrosion. I asked for instructions on how to show a customer the current, but got no response. The electronics create a micro current. There is an automatic shut off control if the vehicle battery drops to a certain level.
Does that help?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have maybe 40 of 'em in 3 sizes.
So you spent $140 on each? What do you sell these for?

maybe get real familiar with these and get a booth at a swap meet. I would not go ebay because customers that get rust will get their money back no matter how your ad reads.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
So you spent $140 on each? What do you sell these for?

maybe get real familiar with these and get a booth at a swap meet. I would not go ebay because customers that get rust will get their money back no matter how your ad reads.

Wow! I never did the math. :BangHead: While researching these, I saw where they used to sell for $120 or so each. If I'm not mistaken, this price was at Canadian Tire up in Canada. ...At least I think that's the name of the place. But I also didn't know they had more than one size, either. So maybe the ones I saw were the smaller onesnad the larger ones cost more? :dontknow:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$ 5600 and not sold one?
( remind me not to ask you to manage my money)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
darksky1x, please post by our rules, no attacks on a member.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would buy one if they worked

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread