mercury

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one that asked about mercury,it is legal to have sell and ship ( deleted by mod)
Ghostbird, only supporting vendors and charter members are allowed to sell here..

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

SorenCoins

Apr 5, 2015
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hes not selling. Did you read what he said? All do respect.

-SC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

darksky1x

Oct 21, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Do not use, I specialize in e-scrap
Primary Interest:
Other
Several years back before the EPA got involved and Mercury was very common and used in a variety of applications, I was managing a project at Norfolk Naval Base involving a complete rework of all the controls for one of the base boiler plants. Before the new work could begin we first had to demo all of the existing controls.

There was this one control/container mounted on the side of a column (not sure what its exact purpose or function was) with a 3/8" drain plug in the bottom. When my guy pulled the plug a solid stream of liquid mercury came pouring out. All-in-all we captured 10+ lbs. of pure, liquid mercury. Back then liquid mercury was valuable commodity. Took it to my local scrap yard and got $5.00 per lb for the stuff. This is back in time around 30 years ago.

Anyone with 10 lbs of liquid mercury today would probably wind up in jail for possessing what our government has labeled as "Highly Toxic".

Funny, but I've always wondered if mercury is so dangerous and toxic then why in the name of heaven is it always a standard ingredient used in every batch of flue vaccine ever made since the beginning of time? Can't breath it, can't eat it, can't handle ti, but it's OK to put it in a needle an inject into our bodies and the bodies of our children year after year. Is there anyone other than me that thinks there is something very wrong with this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread