3000+ lbs of carbide???

eggyrollz

Mar 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all new here. I managed to purchase a industrial unit with left overs from prior tenant and there were buckets and buckets of metal which after research and samplings sent off turned out to be carbide. It all varies in sizes but from dust sized particles to larger pieces. I was wondering the route to go about selling this ? I've heard of prices ranging from $5.50 to $8.00 - any truth to this ? I have weighed out about 3100 lbs so far. there was some other garbage mixed in like brass, copper, etc so sorting it taking some time.

I appreciate any help offered.

I'm Hoping

Feb 19, 2017
Ft.Myers, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Source is on target. I just checked Rockaway recycling, they list it at $5.50 to $6.25/ lb.. Quick buy something expensive.
Hello all new here. I managed to purchase a industrial unit with left overs from prior tenant and there were buckets and buckets of metal which after research and samplings sent off turned out to be carbide. It all varies in sizes but from dust sized particles to larger pieces. I was wondering the route to go about selling this ? I've heard of prices ranging from $5.50 to $8.00 - any truth to this ? I have weighed out about 3100 lbs so far. there was some other garbage mixed in like brass, copper, etc so sorting it taking some time.

I appreciate any help offered.

OP
OP
E

eggyrollz

Mar 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good news I suppose. I was looking online and most places seem like they want you to send it in and then they decide to send you a check? This seems awfully sketchy to me. I'd prefer to do business in person.

Indiana Bones

Greenie
Apr 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try your local scrap yard

Give your local scrap yard or recycling business a try.....
They will buy your carbide...and if they are decent about it, should give you a competive price per pound
Not sure of the current price for carbide is but go in knowing a close to current price,
Take ten pounds of it to them n cash it..then you'll. Know and they should be happy
To do business with you, they'll make a profit too..but thats the way it is..
I'm. A machinist by trade and i know the comp. I work for keeps pretty tight wraps on our used carbide cutting
Inserts as the recycle price is pretty high...
You should do fine...and thats alot of money you got there!
Good luck

wavecrazed

Jul 21, 2009
Orlando FLorida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Excallibur 1000, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is place in the Carolinas that buys carbide. They advertise on the forum. Last look 12 dollars a lb. Keep looking you will find them
Whoops wrong foum scrap metal forum.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread