Ohio Precious Metals?

tinytiger

Oct 7, 2007
Hi everybody!
Does anyone have any experience with Ohio Precious Metals in Jackson, Ohio?
I was talking to a guy who says he sells his scrap to them and that they are the most
honest company he has dealt with and he also said they also pay in cash instead of checks or bank wire.
However, when I went home and checked their site I don't see that they buy scrap.
My attempt at emailing them to ask for info bounced back.
Any comments on this one?
:)
Thanks
Laura

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I've heard nothing but good things about them, but it's all been second-hand feedback. Maybe I'm just being paranoid here, but I'd be a little wary of anyone who won't pay by check or wire. Maybe they do. (I prefer cash, myself, fwiw. :)) They seem on the up-and-up, but I have no first-hand experience with them. If you're looking to sell large quantities of scrap, Midwest Refineries is pretty good, and if it's already of a high purity, Apmex, CNI, Tulving, and all the big coin dealers are pretty fair. If it needs to be refined and you have a small quantity (can you easily lift it?), just call around to your local coin shops and see who offers you the best prices. Good luck, laura, and keep us updated.

XX

Jan 11, 2008
Not to revive an old topic uneccesarily, but isn't this the same Jackson Metals company that prompted the Director of the US Mint to implement a ban on melting/exporting pennies/nickels. The articles indicated the ban was in response to a company in Jackson Ohio that was melting copper pennies for profit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread