Went to a party...

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I finally realized how metals obsessed I've become when I went to a party and the first thing I thought was, "Wow! Look at all those aluminum cans!"

The party was great, and now I've learned that living amongst college students can really pay off come the morning---well, it won't pay off a lot, but I can't let hundreds of cans go unscrapped. A lot of times, they simply toss their empty (or half empty) cans into the front yard. If I wake up early enough, they're mine for the taking. :)

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Went to a festival concert at the fair grounds and had the same feeling.Got up early and went back to collect cans, it took three trips in a minitruck.In addition I found all kinds of stuff drunks forget and misplace.Well worth the effort.

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Urban Prospector said:
Went to a festival concert at the fair grounds and had the same feeling.Got up early and went back to collect cans, it took three trips in a minitruck.In addition I found all kinds of stuff drunks forget and misplace.Well worth the effort.
how much $$ did you make in cans?

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
$ 238 but that was 1986 in Harrisville Utah. My rent was $220 to give an idea as to the value of that money to me at the time.I made other money off found items I sold at a yard sale.

OP
OP
fiatboy

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
In all of this, the lesson that's constantly being reinforced is: "it all adds up!"

(And that one should keep an eye on the ol' fuel gauge to make sure one isn't inadvertently losing money.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread