cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not even worth it. they would be better off learning to extract the gold parts and just throw the rest in their trash bin
dumpster diving is the way to go. When I lived in SoCA I had a phone recycling business. As of right now I have recycled 42,357 cell phones. I paid .50? each and sold for $1 or a little more.

I had two guys selling to me about two or three times a month. They would dumpster dive behind the cell phone stores. I think they had other doing the same thing but they probably paid .25? each. That is all the info I could get from them. (no English or green cards) I did this 2011 to 2017

Also when I went to yardsales I would always offer to buy cells. I have had people reject my 50? offer and after I turn around and walk away I get called back. Bought 18 from one lady last month. My Spanish was good enough to make the buy.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried that the other day. Closest one is in oregon, 30 miles.
What a waste of time. Probably took 15 minutes. I had nice iphone (got at yardsale for 50?) it offered me $21, not bad so I accepted. Then it started asking a whole bunch of questions about where and who I got it from. Then wanted ID card, had to take my photo 3-4 times before it determined it was me. Then after all that it decided not to buy. I could not tell the name of the person I bought it from.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea they don't want them bad enough.