AC scrap question

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
id try and seperate the 2 metals. the copper is goin to sell for more than the aluminum and should bring in a pretty penny if u get enough of it.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYMEX_HG.Z07

from what i gather looks like copper is 3.09 per pound. didnt look at aluminium but around here it goes for between .60-.70 p pound. if u havnt disconected them yet see if u can get a recovery machine for the coolant. depending on what coolant u r using some of that is worth good money to.

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the coil inside is called acr .....thats the fins withe the cooper tubing inside . then theres cooper in ther and the black electric motor .........the motor ways the most . in my neck of the woods .

acr= 1.00
copper #2 2.40
electric motor .28 a pound ..... to cut it up is easy . just dont get the freeon on you .

jhoff310

Jun 23, 2007
1.65 per pound in ohio for the "dirty" Radiators, Dirty meaning they still have the iron on the edges where the half copper circle goes back into the radiator.
1.85 per pound for them "Clean"
I need to take some in I am sitting on probabaly 200 pounds of radiators right now.

Hoff out

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jonnyrebel00 said:
http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYMEX_HG.Z07

from what i gather looks like copper is 3.09 per pound. didnt look at aluminium but around here it goes for between .60-.70 p pound. if u havnt disconected them yet see if u can get a recovery machine for the coolant. depending on what coolant u r using some of that is worth good money to.
what do you mean the coolant is worth some money ???

ROSCO

Greenie
Jun 22, 2007
I cut the iron edges off with a sawsall and put the half copper circles in a bucket they add up pretty quick. I stack up the rads and cash them in the week before Christmas. Its like my Christmas club. The owner gives out bottles of wine that week too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread