Washers and Dryers?

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
call around and see who takes shreddables, they are probably only worth a few bucks each (i.e. 2-5 depending on weight) since they are pennies a pound, so you'll have to figure out whether it's worth the fuel to go get them. depending on that it may prove to be profitable.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont forget to look for coins and other things in um..aa

treasurehunter505

Oct 30, 2007
I usually get them and strip them . I take the motors out and clean them and get all the insulated out and then cut the tin with a torch and then I get more for them .

OP
OP
Dig'n Bandera

Dig'n Bandera

Jul 9, 2007
Lakehills, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and my old BH Prospector DX as a backup!
Thanks for the info guys. I think it wouldn't be worth the fuel and time to pick them up.

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse
We get around 6.50 a hundred pounds for crushed cars so we take washers and dryers and water heaters and any other metal scrap and stuff the cars before crushing them .ALWAYS pull the back off of the dryer gold chains and ear rings and change get slung out the back seal of the drum and lay in with the lint -Bonus Bucks !!!!

TJ2662

Jul 3, 2007
suwannee pirate said:
We get around 6.50 a hundred pounds for crushed cars so we take washers and dryers and water heaters and any other metal scrap and stuff the cars before crushing them .ALWAYS pull the back off of the dryer gold chains and ear rings and change get slung out the back seal of the drum and lay in with the lint -Bonus Bucks !!!!

Nice tip on the dryers... I usually only pick up white goods when receiving them as part of a package deal. We only get 50/ton for white goods here, so not really worth it. Unless you can pick up a large amount of them in one location (say an APT complex changing out units, etc).

TJ

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shreddables go for $140 a ton here (.07 a pound). I watch for them on craigslist, but only pick them up if they are basically on my way home, that way I am not out much fuel. Due to a suggestion I saw several months ago, I take the backs off the dryers and look for stuff. Have found coins in EVERY one so far, as little as a couple of pennies, and as much as over eight dollars in pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. No gold yet, but who knows. I put them on my 16 foot flatbed trailer at home, and when it is full I take it to the recyclers. Usually get around $200, and it is free money, so it is worth it to me. Also while I am waiting to get the trailer filled up I will take any other scrap metal I accumulate (not including lead, aluminum, brass or copper) and put them in the drums of the washers and dryers. More weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions