Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys..

no disrespect was/is intended towards anyone brave enough to risk there lives for those less fortunate.

However at this time the US has the ability to punish the Syrian gov,t without risk to its troops.

What is North Korea/Iran gonna do if US does nothing.....its turning into a very scary world out there.

Just a matter of time til its too late to stop what can be seen now......I know its not that easy...just easy to say I guess.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either way...no win situation! !

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
What is North Korea/Iran gonna do if US does nothing.

The question should be what will Russia,China and Iran do if the U.S. does something.Iran hasnt started a war in over 100 years,let sleeping dogs lie.Russia and China wont start anything unless the U.S. does,again let sleeping dogs lie.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So..if you all oppose...

What is the world to do while hundreds die daily and governments commit travesties.?

Guess we just watch them all die.... easy solution while we all live in luxury and eat our sirloin stakes on our bbq....after we spent the day out chasing treasures in the free world.

SCREW THE REST OF THE WORLD...GREAT SOLUTION BOYS !!!

When your dealing with gasoline you had best be careful where you toss the first match, it can easily become a towering inferno that envelopes the whole world.

We are not the world's policeman, it is UN's job not ours. ..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not addressing the go/no go issue of this thread at all with this comment.

What I am questioning is what oath did those service men take?

Was it different than the one I swore to when I enlisted?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not addressing the go/no go issue of this thread at all with this comment.

What I am questioning is what oath did those service men take?

Was it different than the one I swore to when I enlisted?

Not sure what your referring to, my oath was to protect and defend the constitution and to obey the orders of the president and my superiors.....

My oath was to the constitution, not to any president......

If they feel an order is not legal or violates the constitution it is their right to disobey it. Remember the courts of Nuremberg after WWII, their failed defense was they were simply following orders.

The president does not have the power to declare or start a war.

The Constitution makes the president the commander in chief of the armed forces. But it gives Congress, not the president, the power “to declare war.” He can use the military forces to repeal an attack.

The president’s authority to use military has long been recognized as including not only to protect American lives but also on missions of goodwill or rescue.

Without congressional approval he is on a frail tightrope over thin ice constitutionally.........Don't look for that to sway him, he has little regard for his oath of office or our Constitution...

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK.. all valid arguments...

BUT

Just what is it the people who sign up for the US military think they will be doing on their new job ?????????????

Seriously... do they think they will be just sitting around a campfire on the Florida beach making sure the Cubans don,t come and drink all their beer ?

Are they really that nieve when they sign up to think the US doesn,t have a huge history of getting neck deep in foreign affairs ?

And then hold up signs to say...no I refuse to do the job I signed up for ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK.. all valid arguments...

BUT

Just what is it the people who sign up for the US military think they will be doing on their new job ?????????????

Seriously... do they think they will be just sitting around a campfire on the Florida beach making sure the Cubans don,t come and drink all their beer ?

Are they really that nieve when they sign up to think the US doesn,t have a huge history of getting neck deep in foreign affairs ?

And then hold up signs to say...no I refuse to do the job I signed up for ?

It is obvious you were never in the military, those of us that sign or signed up know exactly what we are signing up for, we also know the oath that we swear is to the constitution, not to any president.

The military is not the president's army, it is America's army.

Look at the ranking of those in the pictures, they have years in the military, I guarantee they have already been in harms way, probably on multiple tours......They know exactly what is involved!

XDSA40

Oct 27, 2012
IN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said, Deepseeker, and I agree 100%.

"Oh, that time long ago, I was young and had no idea what was coming. I just wanted the free education. I knew that education would set me free from the cotton mills...

I obeyed, some went to Canada, some to Sweden, but I obeyed - didn't know what else to do.

And I came home changed, all of us did. I've read data which says that of the around 6m veterans, only around 800k remain alive today with 400 passing daily.

No one wanted us back, and all we lived for was to come home.

Yes, it took time to put our worlds together again.

The next time we go to war, I want it to be when the enemy is coming ashore here.

Then, we will be fighting for something - versus nothing but shame."

Last edited:

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My other opinion is..

Just leave them alone and let them kill each other off.

Prolly just prolonging the inevitable by trying to help them..... war is what they know and not much else.

But the fanaticism is what scares me...nukes in the hands of some of them is truly disaster waiting to happen.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My other opinion is..

Just leave them alone and let them kill each other off.

Prolly just prolonging the inevitable by trying to help them..... war is what they know and not much else.

But the fanaticism is what scares me...nukes in the hands of some of them is truly disaster waiting to happen.

Known facts, Al-Qaida is fighting for and controlling the rebel side...

Their is a video on the net of a top rebel commander having the heart and liver cut out of the chest of a dead gov soldier and eating it, this is the side Obama wants to support...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread