Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two top Republicans warned Monday of catastrophic consequences if Congress votes against striking Syria and suggested the White House may be mulling a more robust military intervention.

Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham, Republican hawks who have long advocated deeper US involvement in Syria's civil war, met President Barack Obama as part of his efforts to sell US lawmakers on military action.

McCain emerged from the meeting with a stern warning for fellow Republicans who may be considering voting against military action purely to damage the Democratic president.

"A vote against that resolution by Congress I think would be catastrophic," said McCain.

"It would undermine the credibility of the United States of America and the president of the United States. None of us want that."

Graham, who is facing a tough primary fight from his right for the Republican Senate nomination in South Carolina, warned of the wider consequences of a failure to back military action.

"I can't sell another Iraq or Afghanistan, because I don't want to," Graham said.

"(What) I can sell to the people of South Carolina (is) that if we don't get Syria right, Iran is surely going to take the signals that we don't care about the nuclear program.

View gallery."US Senator John McCain answers a question following …
US Senator John McCain answers a question following a meeting at the White House in Washington, DC o …
"It weighs on the president's mind strongly about the signals we send," Graham said.

The two senators also offered what appeared to be indications of evolving administration thinking about its Syria policy.

Obama has stressed that any US action, expected to include cruise missiles, would be "limited" and "narrow."

But McCain suggested that more US muscle than expected might be deployed.

"We have been given some reason to believe that very serious strikes may take place as opposed to cosmetic," McCain said.

"We now need to see a lot of the details."

The plan could be intended to degrade President Bashar al-Assad's capabilities and upgrade those of vetted opposition groups, McCain suggested.

Graham indicated that the administration, which resisted arming Syrian rebels for months, may be prepared to build on a nascent plan to provide military support to some rebels announced after a previous, small scale chemical weapons attack.

"There seems to be emerging from this administration a pretty solid plan to upgrade the opposition," Graham said, saying regional players like Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Jordan should play a key role.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McCain is really a Dem, it is also time to put McCain out to pasture.................... He is losing support in his home state....

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
McCain never had the support in arizona that people suspect...
people who have moved here from somewhere else love him...just like that poser sheriff down in Maricopa county...
supported by people from somewhere else...
Arizona loves true conservatives, unfortunately...they are an endangered species.

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don,

Unfortunately, we conservatives are a dying breed country wide, I don't know the reason, but one day soon will come the revalation that we weren't all wrong, and the other side will have entitled everyone to the poorhouse.....I hope that the next generation appreciates the work we did, and the taxes we paid on salary's they claim were too high....The free market system isn't dead, but paralysis is rapidly setting in unless we get our chance to turn it once again positive, without the leeches that drained the resources....Gary

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
McCain is really a Dem, it is also time to put McCain out to pasture.................... He is losing support in his home state....

ok what's your take on Graham and Boehner, who both are for it also?

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
gram and baner need to be replaced with real conservatives.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok what's your take on Graham and Boehner, who both are for it also?

Boehner is another wolf in sheep's clothing....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion is that politicians need to learn not to always give up their beliefs for political reality! They are afraid to stand up for anything so they can succeed in some pork bll. $ scheme to make the voter's at home think they really represent them. The best of politicians are already finished and not efficient the day after they are elected, and subject to the Fraternity of the elders....Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread