Arizona Voters Heckle John McCain Over Push For Syrian Strike

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Arizona Voters Heckle John McCain Over Push For Syrian Strike - Business Insider

A number of Sen. John McCain’s constituents are not happy with the Arizona Republican’s support of President Barack Obama’s plan to take military action against Syria. Voters made that much perfectly clear when they confronted him at a town hall in Phoenix on Thursday.

“We didn’t send you to make war for us. We sent you to stop the war,” one man said to applause, CNN reports.

Another man told McCain Congress is ignoring its duty to represent voters.

“This is what I think of Congress,” he said, holding a bag of marshmallows in his hand. “They are a bunch of marshmallows. That’s what they are. That’s what they’ve become. Why are you not listening to the people and staying out of Syria? It’s not our fight.”

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Wednesday afternoon passed a new use-of-force resolution that, if passed by the Senate, will give Obama authority to carry out military strikes. It also includes a loophole that may leave room for placing troops on the ground.

The resolution only prohibits “the use of United States Armed Forces on the ground in Syria for the purpose of combat operations.” The language seems to leave open the possibility of deploying troops for non-combat operations, such as securing Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s chemical weapons.

“Polls this week have shown more Americans oppose military strikes in Syria than support them,”CNN reports.

A woman at the Arizona town hall, claiming to have an 18-year-old cousin in Syria, said the U.S. had not pursued all routes of diplomacy.

“For me, to listen to you say there is no good option in Syria – I refuse to believe that…The good option right now is to take Saudi Arabia and Iran and force them to stop supporting the two sides in Syria. And you could do it. You can do it by diplomacy, not bombs, Sen. McCain. We cannot afford to shed more Syrian blood,” she said.

McCain validated the voters’ concerns, saying that there are “strong feelings” from both sides of the issue.

“[A]ll of us, our hearts go out to those people who have been massacred and killed in this terrible bloodletting that’s been going on,” he added.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Apparently McCain CAN be brainwashed. How can he possibly think an attack on Syria is warranted? There is more to this than " they" are letting on you can betcher bottom dollar. Will have to listen to the video later,posting and running today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Apparently McCain CAN be brainwashed. How can he possibly think an attack on Syria is warrented?There is more to this than " they" are letting on you can betcher bottom dollar. Will have to listen to the video later,posting and running today.

Hey Coily, the video is the berries :)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont forget,the rebel terrorists are the good guys now,syrian gov forces are the bad guys.The bass ackwards thing again.Arm the rebels,send them support, even though we're fighing them in afghanistan.:icon_scratch:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw that on TV, it was hilarious

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it wasn't hilarious at all. That woman has family in Syria and has already lost some of it. John McCain, didn't he run for some kind of other office a while ago? What do you think he would be singing at this point if he would have won? "Bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran"?

I was counting how many countries Muslims have invaded the past century and came up with only one. Does anyone realize how many times Muslim countries have been invaded in the last one hundred years? And why?

Please do feel free to break out any of your Red Dawn fantasies you care to.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
it wasn't hilarious at all. That woman has family in Syria and has already lost some of it. John McCain, didn't he run for some kind of other office a while ago? What do you think he would be singing at this point if he would have won? "Bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran"?

I was counting how many countries Muslims have invaded the past century and came up with only one. Does anyone realize how many times Muslim countries have been invaded in the last one hundred years? And why?

Please do feel free to break out any of your Red Dawn fantasies you care to.

Davest, I agree with you - completely

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You go girl! I don't like John McCain he is a idiot an as far as I'm concerned has betrayed the republican party

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You go girl! I don't like John McCain he is a idiot an as far as I'm concerned has betrayed the republican party

Unfortunately, this IS today's republican party

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm afraid your right! There is one person that I have been watching and so far like Rand Paul, but I guess time will tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions