Use of force

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MM,

I may not have been clear enough in my reply and that was MY FAULT. When I mentioned a shoulder or leg shot on a shovel or knife welding person, I was talking about ONLY if that person would not stop his/her aggressive behavior and continued coming directly at the LEO. Of course, all other attempts would be made to stop that agressor prior to shooting in the leg or shoulder, which would be a last recourse, which include tasing. My comment regarding a person with a gun remains the same.

Actually you were rather clear, it just slipped my mind when posting. The whole problem with doing an arm or leg shot is I can guarantee that some ambulance chasing lawyer will be there to sue for police brutality. Like I said my wife was a LEO in the Air Force and a good friend of mine is a local LEO here. We talk about things like this all the time.

I showed my friend how to use the PR-24 he carries to disarm someone with anything from a knife to a garden hoe. He damn near broke my arm even with the padding on. Hurt like hell for a couple of weeks. But at least WHEN the situation arises, he will know he has ALL the tools necessary to try and prevent a fatal outcome.

I speak from experience here, taking another life will polarize a person. And the more often it happens, the less one cares about human life and the more apt they are to resort to fatal tactics. I don't want to see that happen to any LEO, especially those with families as that polarization tends to destroy families.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread