Budget Deals Military Cuts Not Will of People

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Budget Deal's Military Cuts 'Not Will of People'

There's a video on the website featuring Babette Maxwell. Thank you John McCain for voting to hurt our veterans!

Babette Maxwell: Budget Deal's Military Cuts 'Not Will of People'

Thursday, 19 Dec 2013 02:27 PM

By Bill Hoffmann

Babette Maxwell, founder of Military Spouse magazine, has called out Sen. John McCain of Arizona, a disabled Vietnam veteran, for voting on the budget deal, which slashes pensions for military personnel.

"Shockingly, a disabled veteran took money away from disabled veterans. He's one of us," Maxwell told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"It's a mass breach of promise from our congressmen who gave us their word that they would grandfather in our benefits for our active-duty retirees and the past retirees," Maxwell said.

The Senate passed the bipartisan budget Wednesday.

Maxwell said the cuts affect not only disabled veterans but also benefits for spouses.

"So, not only have they targeted our disabled, they've targeted our deceased," she said.

"As to why [lawmakers] feel like this is the will of the people, I have no idea. It most certainly is not the will of the people."

"I can't imagine a nation that would support taking away earned benefits from those who have given of their life and of their limb."

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was in line for coffee at a shop here in cottonwood last year...here comes old john McCain...bragging he'd just been on television...
5:05 am and here is our senator, cuts in line...I ask him about veterans care...how come something...you get yours..
..what about the rest of us?
here comes his security...cant have some veteran accosting the senator with valid questions...

to think I voted for the guy more than once

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in line for coffee at a shop here in cottonwood last year...here comes old john McCain...bragging he'd just been on television...
5:05 am and here is our senator, cuts in line...I ask him about veterans care...how come something...you get yours..
here comes his security...cant have some veteran accosting the senator with valid questions...

I would have loved to have been there PIP! We are all more awake than in the past.
He was talking of retirement at one time. I sure wish you all would make sure of it.. Maybe you could get a rattlesnake to run for senator, that way you know what you are voting for? ( although a great many of us already know he isn't trustworthy.)

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you actually believe that any pension to anyone here in the good old U.S. of A is safe? Sheesh, you talk about private pensions for individuals being just so much b.x. because the sole purpose of corporations is to make a profit for their share holders. Who do you think is winning on the new $635 BILLION DOLLAR DEFENSE BILL? You can rest assured it's not going to be the employees of Raytheon, McDonnell Douglas, Boeing, Bechtel or any other government contractor. It's a plan to fill the pockets of the CEOs of those companies, no more no less.

You been had.

In the immortal words of George Carling, "It's a big club and you aren't a part of it".

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm drawing my pensions all 3 of them including a union pension...

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

That's almost as bad as me calling him Benedict Arnold when he came here a few years ago. Needless to say he has NEVER had my vote and never will.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yea...one sees a lot of triple dippers at the va...one guy got himself 100% service connected from service...then gets a job at the va after this pension comes through...within two years..he is getting another 100% from when he worked for the va...plus another pension from the state of calif...
worked perhaps five years total, raking in thousands...

yea..lets stop welfare to starving children...do like arizona...forget 6,500 children were abused, and the cases are round filed.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a tough issue - If they wouldn't of passed the budget, the media would of been all over the Republicans again. The masses don't know what's happening; they blame who they are told to blame by the media. So, what should they do? The Dem's control the senate and the pres. Anything that would have been considered a common sense budget, would have been swiftly declined by the Dems. Then the circle begins again, blame the Republicans by the media. So, what I am trying to say is - There is NO WAY TO WIN.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McCain is not a friend of the Second Ammendment, nor is he apparently a friend of his fellow vets. I give him all the credit due for his service and imprisonment, but that only goes so far and does not go beyond my "Thank You for your service" when that same man goes on to become an influencial weasel on many other matters affecting his country, his fellow citizens and certainly his fellow veterans in a negative manner. He's been worthless, politically, for many years now to Conservative values and why the people of Arizona keep re-electing him is beyond my comprehension.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea...one sees a lot of triple dippers at the va...one guy got himself 100% service connected from service...then gets a job at the va after this pension comes through...within two years..he is getting another 100% from when he worked for the va...plus another pension from the state of calif...
worked perhaps five years total, raking in thousands...

yea..lets stop welfare to starving children...do like arizona...forget 6,500 children were abused, and the cases are round filed.

Yeah - I got mine, but no one else is entitled ................

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum, you and Pip are forgetting something. In your overzealous attacks you have apparently forgotten that these benefits did not come free.. and you also have the right to work hard enough to receive them, or you can sit in the living room and cry that you should be qualified despite your unwillingness to try working for them.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I'm not a huge fan of the Govt. poking its nose into automakers "failed" business models by bailing them out. And I mean despite the fallout and ripple effect henceforth from such failures. They couldn't get financing anywhere else and the Fed was the last resort. But the union was a part of the problem also... you can hire into one of the big 3 at age 18 and retire with a full pension at age 48. That's $3,000+ per month. So for 14 years this is collected... and then you get a great raise per/month when going onto S.S. at age 62. I just don't see how they do this and keep running. I did this at age 49. And I do not think it was right for all taxpayers to bail out my failed auto company I worked for. I'm embarrassed as hell and hate it when someone asks where do you work... and they ask how did you retire so early?

But to cut military pensions without grandfathering them in is just plain wrong. These folks DO HAVE IT COMING.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The story is that these cuts won't take effect until 2015 and, before that happens, they say they are going to "fix" the budget to eliminate those cuts. We'll see.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The story is that these cuts won't take effect until 2015 and, before that happens, they say they are going to "fix" the budget to eliminate those cuts. We'll see.

Dont hold your breath, they said people could keep their doctors and insurance if they liked them too......

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum, you and Pip are forgetting something. In your overzealous attacks you have apparently forgotten that these benefits did not come free.. and you also have the right to work hard enough to receive them, or you can sit in the living room and cry that you should be qualified despite your unwillingness to try working for them.

Not an "overzealous attack" - man, I'd hate to walk on the sidewalk outside your house.

I don't consider triple dipping a right, nor in my experience, does everyone that gets them "work hard for them".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread