OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Cool.. A new statistic to take advantage of like the libs do... News flash !! Statistics prove that more Americans like Phil Robertson than President Obama... lolol later all.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
According to at least one article I read, the A&E exec that made the decision to axe the ol' boy said that her final decision came when he had compared homosexuality to bestiality. I'm not sure but I don't think HE compared the two, he was quoting what he said was written in the bible. It was a list of "sins" that, if comitted by a person, would keep them out of heaven. Thieves were also on the list. He didn't say they were the same sin but the punishment would be the same. Now, if he had just said thieves and people that participate in bestiality weren't going to heaven, and he was talking about bank robbers, would we still have this huge stink?? Just wondering but I'm sure the answer is no. The pc police pick and choose what everyone should be upset about. If he is a Christian and, if the bible says what he quoted it as saying, I guess everyone upset about this should also ban the bible. Just sayin'. What he said may not be politically correct but could possibly be considered biblical fact.

And the bible has never been altered by man for his own evil and selfish purposes? Wake up sheeples...the bible is the word of God altered and manipulated by man. There are periods of 100s of years when no copy of the bible is on record...TRUE religion needs no quotes.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool.. A new statistic to take advantage of like the libs do... News flash !! Statistics prove that more Americans like Phil Robertson than President Obama... lolol later all.

I have more likes then you...

Does that mean more treasure netians like me then you?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now at 1.6 million and still climbing. It should be over 2 mill this time tomorrow.....LOL

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

In other words, 99% of the adults in America don't care.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter:

In other words, 99% of the adults in America don't care.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Ob, I understand you might be out of the loop but you do understand the majority of adult Americans are not on facebook...

Their audience was approx 12 million viewers an episode, that is true stats and lost viewers affect ad revenue......

I would not be surprised to see 4+ million likes before it is over...

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Their audience is 12 million not 350 million, a loss of millions of viewers hurts.

I'm certain that pwp was referring to the total population of the US and not the total amount of viewers.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm certain that pwp was referring to the total population of the US and not the total amount of viewers.

Compares the likes to total population to make the numbers seem smaller. What counts are viewers, they have an audience of about 12 million, a loss of several million viewers is a major loss...

A&E had the right to fire who they want, but firing someone for expressing their personal opinion is going to cost them millions or more..

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Compares the likes to total population to make the numbers seem smaller. What counts are viewers, they have an audience of about 12 million, a loss of several million viewers is a major loss...

A&E had the right to fire who they want, but firing someone for expressing their personal opinion is going to cost them millions or more..

Yeah, A&E really dropped the ball with this one. The show is also aired up here and that probably contributes to that 12 million?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Ob, I understand you might be out of the loop but you do understand the majority of adult Americans are not on facebook...

Their audience was approx 12 million viewers an episode, that is true stats and lost viewers affect ad revenue......

I would not be surprised to see 4+ million likes before it is over...

Can we be like the Democrats and vote for Phil more than once ?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and I'm ok with that :thumbsup:

Actually that premise doesn't hold water.. If you look at the like count, I think 1800 or so are from 3 or 4 people,, and in one thread. But I have even liked a post or 2 of his,, just means I liked the post, or possibly that I am magnanimous. Whatever.

I think it shows a fatal flaw in statistical analysis too.:laughing7:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok cris.................let's say the "version" of the bible Phil has and believes in. His probably is the version that changed God's words from thieves are my chosen people and shall inherit the kingdom of heaven to the new version Phil has where someone along the line didn't like thieves and edited that statement. C'mon, quit grasping. Apparently nobody should believe or use the bible for guidance in their religious beliefs because what they believe might not be part of the 1st edition?? This goes for ALL religions, who knows what was REALLY said by their "creators"? That leaves atheism but there is no proof of that either. Has nothing to do with scripture being right or wrong, real or fake, it's what this particular man believes or was led to believe as being his "religion" and his right to believe or not to believe in it.
(I wish I could "Like" my own posts so I could catch up to you :) )

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread