Robertson Family Press Release Implies Duck Dynasty May Leave A&E

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Sorry but I'd pull my kid out too if he was still that age. Gay folks have the right to be gay but that dosn't make it ok to expose our children to it at a young age. If that offends anyone too effin bad. Gay priests are not allowed around our children and we all know how quickly it can turn bad when they are. What makes Scout leaders any different ? And yeah I read the part about booting the gay members out after age 18 but traditionally the older teen members are in positions of authority as well. These kids are at the age where their hormones are raging and they are curious and the last thing they need is to be influenced by older members who are gay. Supposing that a large number of these kids are not gay they could be traumatized for life. This decision is a disaster waiting to happen. I would imagine alot of local church groups will begin starting similar organizations but based on traditional values. What a damn shame this is in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
H-2 Charlie:

From that article:

“It was hard to explain to a 9-year-old the complexities of why I was telling him that we had to quit,” Miller said. “He told me, 'Daddy, it should be like church. Everybody should be welcome.'”

That's one smart kid right there.

Happy New Year to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions