Robertson Family Press Release Implies Duck Dynasty May Leave A&E

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A&E just scrambled their golden egg....LOL..

Robertson Family Press Release Implies Duck Dynasty May Leave A&E

Posted by: Allison Martinez
December 19, 2013

Duck Dynasty has been the most successful television show on cable television. Reading between the lines ofthe family’s statement, it appears they may be leaving the network. Will A&E loose their most successful show ever over the Phil Robertson’s Comments? The family stated,

”…we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty.”

The statement from the family saying they can’t imagine moving forward without their father suggests the family is supporting their father. Robertson was successful before the show, so it isn’t like the family needs the money. This is about principles and freedom of speech. The family is not going to back down.

Even Verne Gay at Newsday thought the idea of the show running without Phil was absurd. He stated,

How exactly do you “suspend” someone from his own reality show? The idea of “Duck Dynasty” absent Phil Robertson is absurd, like “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” without Kim Kardashian. (“Duck” returns in January — with Phil. It was pretaped long ago.)

Since the shows are pre-taped, that means they have already been produced. Not airing the shows means losing time and money already invested in the franchise.

The statement says,

West Monroe –The Robertson family has released a statement in light on A&E decision to suspend patriarch Phil Robertson in light of the comments he made to GQ.

“We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E’s decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word.

While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.

We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty.

Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Robertson Family

For those who have not followed the controversy, Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the Robertson Family and the center of the Duck Dynasty family has been suspended from A&E regarding comments on homosexuality. Essentially, Phil Robertson said in an interview with GQ Magazine that he thought homosexuality was counter to scriptural teachings.

A&E suspended Phil Robertson for his comments.

Many have come to the family’s defense, including Gov. Sarah Palin and Gov. Bobby Jindal. Even gay community activists like*Brandon Ambrosino have taken up the cause of Phil Robertson. Ambrosino told the Washington Post that you can’t have a debate on an issue if you silence those who disagree with you. He said by taking Robertson off the air, the network made certain there would be no discussion at all.

Robertson Family Press Release Implies Duck Dynasty May Leave A&E - The Free Patriot

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that Glenn Beck offered the Robertsons to come over to his network.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that Glenn Beck offered the Robertsons to come over to his network.

Correct they would have no problem finding another network.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just waiting for Phil to go on the air and explain why he thinks its okay for him to cherry-pick Christ's teachings. Christ said to love, not hate. He also said not to judge others. But Christ never said a word one way or the other about homosexuality. So why does Phil feel as a "Christian" he has the right to ignore what Christ really said, to focus on what he didn't say?

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I loved the show and hope this gets resolved. Phil has his opinions and everyone knows that. What did they think was going to happen when they interviewed him? I respect Phil and his family but as UncleMatt says, Christ said to love everyone.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally defend his right to speak his mind, but often when you do so there are consequences. And if the goal was to represent Christ as a follower of Christ, he completely failed.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
A&E making tens of millions off a show featuring outspoken southern rednecks getting their panties bunched up because one of them was a little too outspoken.... priceless.. Where was the fake outrage when Archie Bunker was the big hit show ? I did read last night that the entire Robertson family has come out and said that they don't see how the show can possibly continue without Phil. Good for them. Oh and LMAO @ UncleMatt for the comment about trying to "cherry pick" Christ's teachings as you sit there and do the very same thing... I don't agree with most of what you say dude, but you sure do keep me entertained. :thumbsup:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was the last time Archie Bunker's show was on TV? That was over 35 years ago...

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Sarah Palin: "“I would never have allowed a corporate culture to have such low standards that that kind of vile talk was accepted.”

Of course, Duh Gov' wasn't talking about Phil Robertson. She was talking about Martin Bashir.

The smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
When was the last time Archie Bunker's show was on TV? That was over 35 years ago...
Well I guess that just shows how far we've gone... in the wrong direction. That show was a huge hit with ALL people of ALL races & backgrounds. People knew it was just television and didn't take everything so seriously. You never saw Rev Al & Jesse Jackson thumping their chests and calling for a pound of Carrol O'Connors flesh did you ? Thanks for playing. :thumbsup:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Sarah Palin: "“I would never have allowed a corporate culture to have such low standards that that kind of vile talk was accepted.”

Of course, Duh Gov' wasn't talking about Phil Robertson. She was talking about Martin Bashir.

The smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
So do you even have a position on whether or not you feel the suspension was justified or are you just here to argue ? I haven't seen one word from you on which side of this argument you're on. Just the usual bashing of Republicans which has NOTHING to do with this topic. This has something to do with Duck Dynasty ? Don't worry, I know you won't answer.. LOL Keep playing your little game son... I find it hilarious. :thumbsup: 6:30am in CA and here you are already. What do you do, wake up and run to the computer still in your Spongebob jammies and see who you can argue with ?

Attachments

• Eye-Spy1.png
    Eye-Spy1.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CLUE: Sarah Pailin made comments about Phil's suspension from A&E that were the exact opposite of what she said about Bashir's comments on the air. Since she commented on Phil, bringing her comments up in a thread about Phil's situation is totally relevant.

And once again we see you whining about what someone else has posted....

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
CLUE: Sarah Pailin made comments about Phil's suspension from A&E that were the exact opposite of what she said about Bashir's comments on the air. Since she commented on Phil, bringing her comments up in a thread about Phil's situation is totally relevant.

And once again we see you whining about what someone else has posted....
And once again you're answering for one of your buddies who refuses to answer for himself. Are you all the same guy using multiple names ? Oh wait.... that's what one of you accused Dave of doing.. LOL what a hoot. Bookie has his eyes covered and pretends he can't see my posts and you answer for him. Does he tell you what to say or do you just wing it ? lolol. This is better than cartoons....

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Talk about D2 leaving A&E remains just that. Talk. Does anyone here really think the Robertson family owns this show? Who knows more about entertainment contracts - a cable television network or a family that shoots ducks and sells duck shooting equipment for a living?

Not only is it highly likely A&E owns the show, the family is probably prohibited from going on another network or starting another show. A non-compete agreement would be a obvious clause in their contract(s).

A&E plays the music and the Robertsons dance. Welcome to Hollywood.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These networks have no issues airing shows that contain so much violence, murder, sex and other crap, now this one honest God loving man is chastised and ousted for speaking what he believes in?? What a freakin joke. I swear, half this country's problem is that people are too damn thin skinned.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Talk about D2 leaving A&E remains just that. Talk. Does anyone here really think the Robertson family owns this show? Who knows more about entertainment contracts - a cable television network or a family that shoots ducks and sells duck shooting equipment for a living?

Not only is it highly likely A&E owns the show, the family is probably prohibited from going on another network or starting another show. A non-compete agreement would be a obvious clause in their contract(s).

A&E plays the music and the Robertsons dance. Welcome to Hollywood.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
LOL.... Man you are so completely out of touch with reality.. A&E need them alot more than they need A&E. Have you been into a store lately and seen the racks & shelves overflowing with Duck Dynasty swag ? You can bet A&E dosn't own the rights to that. Don't answer.. as always... https://www.facebook.com/Philrobertsonsupport Close to 1.5 MILLION "likes" so far. Even more than you got from UncleMatt.... Maybe you're just jealous. :dontknow:

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing more humerous than a non-christian quoting the Bible. Tell us some more of your wisdom Uncle Matt. You have no clue what Jesus said or stands for. Not once did he promote Sin, nor would he ever. He HATES the ways of people who promote sin. He said it himself. You have no clue - Stop the hatred!

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, My belief is that Jesus message was" Love the Lord your God, love your neighbor as yourself - do good to those that treat you badly - go the extra mile." His "mission" was to redeem the the human race by His death on the cross. He fulfilled every letter of the law, but called sin as it was & healed those who had faith. This Christmas season, lets focus on being compassionate to others & uplifting those who are in need. Merry Christmas to All.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, My belief is that Jesus message was" Love the Lord your God, love your neighbor as yourself - do good to those that treat you badly - go the extra mile." His "mission" was to redeem the the human race by His death on the cross. He fulfilled every letter of the law, but called sin as it was & healed those who had faith. This Christmas season, lets focus on being compassionate to others & uplifting those who are in need. Merry Christmas to All.

I agree Kat, let's love, but we can not promote sin. That's the great deception he talks about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread