NEWS FLASH! Back up PHIL ROBERTSON of DUCK DYNASTY!!! Under attack by P.C.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
If it was I was one of the family, I would voice my support for him publically, see if they fire them all. They would have no problem getting another network to pick them up.....

We will NOT go quietly into the night!
Yep. Family & standing up for your principals is worth more than money. I imagine the family is holding back on commenting until they talk to their lawyers. It's the smart thing to do.

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I agree with Robertson's freedom to speak his mind and share his belief and opinions in regards to the biblical definition of homosexuality as sin. I, in fact, share this view.

To those of you who support Robertson, be careful. Condemning A&E for expressing their view and belief and in turn removing Robertson from the show, would be hypocritical. Why should Robertson's views be protected, but not the networks? Please understand, I believe the networks standpoint is wrong, but protected nonetheless.

I stand behind Robertson and support his choice to speak up for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I also support the rights of companies to choose who represents their brand. They have the right to remove him inasmuch as I have the right to stop watching the network.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could care less about duck dynasty.But the man has a right to his opinion.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could care less about duck dynasty.But the man has a right to his opinion.

Never seen the show but he has a right to his personal opinions. His comment was nothing like Martin Basher's comment and you didnt see the media outcry...

If A&E doesn't want others will. I posted another thread when Glenn Beck has offered entire family a deal to move to his network...

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is what happens when people don't have hobbies to keep them occupied :laughing7: They get easily offend and throw a hissy fit over some damn magazine article! Meanwhile I'm too busy working in my shop or out detecting to watch these dumb TVs hows or give a flip about some group I've never heard of being offended.

Too many people and groups these days think that their beliefs and ways are the ONLY right way, and throw a tantrum when somebody doesn't agree with him.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet another example we've become a country of over sensitive wimps . Present company on this forum accepted.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet another example we've become a country of over sensitive wimps . Present company on this forum accepted.

I couldn't agree with u more. Don't say this it might hurt someones feeling. Everyone's a winner there are no losers. Give me a freakin break.

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a student in America's schoolsystem, I can comment. In school, everyone IS a winner. There are no losers. You cannot run when you play "tag" in gym, "tag" is banned at recess and punishable with an office referral, I was banned from running at recess (Yea banned from running at recess); for their BS reason "You're running too fast and making the [fat] kids feel bad". They censored fat and said athletically inclined when they said that to me 6 years ago when I was in 3rd grade.

In class, when you go on a field trip and one person gets in trouble with the place we went (i.e. at the bowling alley some kid knocked down the vending machine to get quarters, another broke a few lanes with rubber balls from vending machines, and others made other, even criminally punishable offenses such as threatening to stab the snack bar worker) The whole grade gets in trouble just the same as the trouble makers do. I don't even go to an inner city school, and my school is a "blue ribbon school" and had the best state exam scores in the state last year. This teaches the kids that do these bad things that it is O.K. and they won't have consequences for doing what they did.

One scenario that I can remember includes a fight at recess;
Two kids were fighting at recess a few years ago, and my friend Jeremy's* mom was a recess monitor. Seeing the fight, she went over and physically pulled the kids apart before they could seriously hurt each other. She was subsequently fired. Yes, FIRED. If she didn't pull them apart, they both could've gotten seriously hurt. Why was she fired? For touching the kids. WHY? She was doing the right thing.

Teachers are not allowed to scold kids if they do something wrong. They have to scold the class. Math teachers are not allowed to help kids individually because "It makes them feel bad when their peers see they're bad at the topic being covered".

This is not all, but what I could think of in the 10 minutes it took me to write this, but this is lunacy. Kids are being raised believing that they're all winners and if someone disagrees with them or offends them in any way, they throw tantrums like little kids.

It's sad to see my peers growing up in their bubbles with their little angelic halos. Well, I shouldn't say bubbles. You should see what video games they play. Despicable, I don't play any. They go to wild parties and do drugs (or so I've heard, I don't go to parties). Oh well. I guess the best thing to do would be to homeschool and discipline your kids the way you see fit. Some of my friends are homeschooled and the way the behave is worlds different than the average kid in public school.

I hope this changes and people man up and accept their mistakes before america becomes a nation of sissies!

Thank you for reading,
mineralized_miner

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I also posted this on TH's thread on same subject
Same old crap......a minority telling the majority what to think and what you can and cant do........and if you don't follow in march step YOU are the DEVIL!!!!!
This minority would dictate the social mores for everyone, IF we let them.......will we?

Christianity
Gun owners
right to life
etc etc

These are all BAD things to rid from our lives and then we will see the light too!!! BAAHHAAAHAA
P.S. No one reads the complete statement from Phil Robertson, at the very end where he qualifies what he says at the end by explaining he isn't judging anyone.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Robertson Family had just signed a new contract. I am sure they will stand behind the patriarch of the family. Curious to see how………. I liked what he said about all of this
"If you do not want the opinion of a 67 year old man that lives in the swamps of Louisiana then don't ask him"
Hopefully they have A&E for lunch then have them stuffed upon the wall before this is over. If A&E holds them to their contract they should just show up and take naps this season.

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me personally, Duck Dynasty is a bit of a bust! But there is one thing for sure.....

Whether anyone agrees with the star's philosophy, his beliefs or his political stance is immaterial! He does have a guaranteed, Constitutional Right, to express his opinion—a right incidentally, that literally millions of American Servicemen died to defend. How in hell do the powers that be at A&E think they have a high enough authority to deny his rights?

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is it that such a small percentage of the population has such a controlling voice?

According to a Williams Institute review conducted in April 2011, approximately 3.8% of American adults identify themselves either as lesbian or gay (1.70%), bisexual (1.80%), or transgender (0.30%); which would correspond to approximately 9 million of adult[SUP][1][/SUP] Americans as of the 2010 Census.[SUP][2]

[/SUP]

I'm sorry if I didn't check my facts before. I am now.

78.4% of americans are christian, most of them against homosexualiy. Of those 78.4%, 23.9%, almost a quarter of the population, are opposed to homosexuality just in the Catholic Church. Overall, from these statistics, I would be willing to say that almost 80% of the nation is oppposed to homosexuality based on religion alone (Christianity and other religions such as Judaism and Muslim).

Statistics from Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life
and
Religion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and
In U.S., 77% Identify as Christian.

78.4%>3.8%, therefore homosexuals are in the minority, and there is no reason for liberals to cater to them at the humiliation of Religious people who make up the VAST majority.

I am sorry I did not provide statistics before, it was just an, albeit correct, assumption I made.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember in the early 90's everything was Barney the purple dinosaur? Now when I go to Wallyworld, or 7-11, or BestBuy, I am inundated by these bumpkins. It may take time, but they will eventually go away. Don't get the fascination at all. As far as duck calls go, I say AFLAC!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember in the early 90's everything was Barney the purple dinosaur? Now when I go to Wallyworld, or 7-11, or BestBuy, I am inundated by these bumpkins. It may take time, but they will eventually go away. Don't get the fascination at all. As far as duck calls go, I say AFLAC!!!!

That was what they said about survivor and 2014 marks their 14 year....

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few thoughts here...

First off, Hindu is the most populace religion in the world. Buddhism (a philosophy, not an actual religion since it does not rely on diety) is huge. Islam out-numbers Christianity.

In the USA, we are a predominately "Christian" nation and have always been. What sets us apart from many other countries is the separation of church and the state. We have no state-endorsed religion. We are built upon Christian principles of behavior.

The REAL issue is the CONSTITUTION. We have several protections afforded us by the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments to the constitution for those who don't know). James Madison, who penned the Bill of Rights, was perhaps the most brilliant of our nation's founders. The most important of these fundamental rights is freedom of association. That is because a single voice may not be heard, but collective voices do get heard. Next, freedom of speech, to voice our displeasure and oppose the government that is supposed to be our advocate, not our enemy. Next, freedom of religion, because we are given the right to assemble and worship whatever diety we please. The "freedom of the press" --which today is weakened by a media that has neglected that great responsibility in reporting the foul play of a government that forces their agenda on the people opposed to screwball ideas (like the North American Free Trade Agreement - NAFTA) and giving our tax money to countries who take it gladly and still call us the evil empire. The PRESS was supposed to be the watch dog of the people-- protecting us from the tyranny of the government or the tyranny of the majority. Of course, another important REALITY is the freedom to protect ourselves (2nd Amendment) FROM THE RISE OF A DICTATORIAL GOVERNMENT.

I hold these principles near and dear to my heart. Three of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were my family members... four were US presidents (long time past). My family was here in the beginning (colonial period). I was raised to believe in the separation of powers and unalienable rights that should forever be preserved and protected.

I've never seen "Duck Dynasty" so, I don't know the first thing about the show. What I do know, however, is that Phil Robertson is a church of Christ elder. He was baited in the interview, because they knew it would whack that hornets nest and create a big scene. It has.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions