Sheriff takes a stand; announces department will no longer assist A&E during filming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheriff takes a stand; announces department will no longer assist A&E during filming

December 21, 2013
ByJaneen Capizola

The local sheriff in a Georgia*county where A&E has filmed several of its programs has publicly announced the network will no longer receive the assistance of his Sheriff’s Department due to A&E’s “unreasonable” punishment of “Duck Dynasty”*star*Phil Robertson.

Douglas County Sheriff Phil Miller posted the following statement on his personal Facebook page Friday announcing his own “business decision, saying, “It is time for someone other than Hollywood and the news media to stand up for what is right!”:

a2a2y5ap.jpg

Screen shot via Douglasville & Douglas County for Civic Action

Miller said while it was A&E’s “prerogative” to indefinitely suspend Robertson over his comments on homosexuality, his decision to no longer give the sheriff department’s assistance to the network was “what he thought was right to show how he feels,” the Douglas County Sentinel reported.

According to the Sentinel:

“I guess I need to learn to keep my mouth shut too,” Miller said in a phone interview Friday night. “But they are punishing a man for being honest and answering a question that he was asked. When he answered and gave his understanding, pulling from his Christian beliefs, this happens. It’s not right and I had to say something about it.

“I don’t hate anybody and you can ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you the same thing. But where we are in this country now, where you are punished for simply saying what your understanding of your Christian beliefs are is just too much for me.”

Sheriff takes a stand; announces department will no longer assist A&E during filming - BizPac Review

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is great news for once

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
It will be interesting to see how this turns out. The State of Louisiana provides tax credits, and, perhaps, other financial benefits to companies producing television shows, movies and music in the state.

The Governor didn't mention that, of course, when he praised D2.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems people are starting to get some courage, great to see!!! I have been fighting the good fight for so long now, I saw all this coming over 30 years ago. It always puzzled me how others couldn't see the writing on the wall?

Fight the good fight every moment
Every minute every day
Make it worth the price we pay

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems people are starting to get some courage, great to see!!! I have been fighting the good fight for so long now, I saw all this coming over 30 years ago. It always puzzled me how others couldn't see the writing on the wall?

Every minute every day
Make it worth the price we pay

Amen brother, amen....

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thinking of making up tshirts ( why not make some cash?) that say I stand with Phil !!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the insults or be gone till after new year..

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
It will be interesting to see how this turns out. The State of Louisiana provides tax credits, and, perhaps, other financial benefits to companies producing television shows, movies and music in the state.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
Not at all surprised that YOU are cheering A&E on. You're all cut from the same cloth. I used to think that libs and conservatives had some common middle ground on most core issues of decency and basic rights to speak ones mind while disagreeing on a small number of things. I have many liberal friends and they don't act like you. You and you cronies on here are so rabidly against everything that's good and decent it shows me how wrong I was. Not throwing an insult, just stating a fact about how I personally feel... you and everyone like you disgust me. As always.. no need to respond.

Last edited:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just like the old days here at TNET :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
What would you know about how people in Louisiana think ? Maybe they place morals above money on their list of what's important. Just a thought. The rantings of this guy shows me just how divided this country really is and I honestly see no solution. It's at the boiling point already. I don't see a happy ending but I'm not a gypsy fortune teller.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread