A Christmas Eve t-net truce?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Just a silly little video one of my good friends here in Tennessee made this morning when he went out for his traditional Christmas Eve bike ride. He & his wife moved here from CT about 5 years ago and are the folks who convinced us this was a great place to retire to. For the members who ride motorcycles and anyone else who likes a nice ride, enjoy. We are spending tomorrow here at our place with them.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm presently working on my 4th loaf of homemade French bread to be used for garlic bread at tonight's family spaghetti and meatball fest. Sun is shinning bright and may get to 70 today. We have a lot of illegal fireworks stashed away but, due to the lack of rain, we may not shoot them off on New Year's. :( We will however, have the bonfire and the mocha cappuccino with kalua and whipped cream drinks for the ladies. Tradition rules! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This afternoon the wife and I will go to our daughter's and son-in-law's place next to ours and have our big Christmas Dinner about 4Pm with them and our 3 & 4 year old granddaughters. It's our daughter's year to have it at their place and my nephew (an Army E-6 who got back from his second tour in Afghanistan recently) and his wife will be there too. Tomorrow, Christmas morning, I'll feed the cows, horses, and mule as usual, but I always give them some extra on Christmas morning as sort of their "Christmas gift". Then, after we let the grandchildren have their Christmas at home in the morning, we'll go over there again in the early afternoon and take our presents over to them too. We'll stay a while, eat a few leftovers from today's dinner, a glass of wine or two, and then come back home. All in all, a pretty quiet, but very nice Christmas Day to us.

My son-in-law and his buddy may go deer and hog hunting later tomorrow afternoon, but I have never hunted on Christmas Day simply because I have never wanted to. I've always believed it was a day for celebrating the birth of JESUS and not shooting or killing anything. Just my personal belief though.

Merry Christmas to ALL!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Nice ride NH..........looks like trail bike terrain to me, not street bike. :)
He's got a garage full of vintage Moto Guzzis but the bike he rides the most on these mountain back roads is a Yamaha TW200 dual sport which is what he rode in the video. They actually have 2 of them and I take one now & then. Way too much fun and much easier to maneuver than my Harley on these roads. I want one !

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
pat-tekker-cat:

Pork shoulder in the slow cooker. The only recipe that's this easy is beer bread.

Beef brisket for the smoker.

I just made another batch of HooDoo Chili. I love iron frying cornbread but my wife doesn't care for it so most of the time I don't make it.

Merry Christmas to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a silly little video one of my good friends here in Tennessee made this morning when he went out for his traditional Christmas Eve bike ride. He & his wife moved here from CT about 5 years ago and are the folks who convinced us this was a great place to retire to. For the members who ride motorcycles and anyone else who likes a nice ride, enjoy. We are spending tomorrow here at our place with them.

Thanks for sharing that Bandit. Awesome vid! Brings back memories of when I used to ride.....seems like ions ago.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Merry Christmas to Y'All:

[video=youtube;8H6XEIEqYik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8H6XEIEqYik[/video]

If this doesn't get you going, there's a hole in your soul.

~ The Old Bookaroo

PS: I'm also partial to Dave Ross's "Giant Neon Jesus on My Lawn" but I certainly don't want to offend anyone here! Today at least...

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that sounds like a lot of fun PB. Friends, family and fun times! Merry Christmas to ya pardner!

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Thread idea! I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas (or whatever you choose to call it) and all the best in the new year.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick,

Great thread. I wish to forgive so many people, those in Texas that find cool places where a store once was and get to sift everything underneath it. I forgive you. Those that live in Texas and are not subject to the finger numbing cold I tolerated here this morning to put fuel in wifes car. I forgive you. To those that complain it was hard to dig the sand on the beach because it had pebbles and shell fragments in it, I forgive you too. That would be on the days where it takes a 3 pound hammer to get a lesche in the ground here in Jackson County, MO. It would have been easier to put the lesche into one of the cracks in the ground. There was no target there, It was easier.

Merry Christmas to all my TNET friends. The rest of you that have it easy digging, warm weather, plentiful targets, I forgive all of you too.

RJGMC
HI BOB!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
pat-tekker-cat:

Pork shoulder in the slow cooker. The only recipe that's this easy is beer bread.

Beef brisket for the smoker.

I just made another batch of HooDoo Chili. I love iron frying cornbread but my wife doesn't care for it so most of the time I don't make it.

Merry Christmas to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Cornbread in a cast iron skillet,man don't forget the Cherrywood smoked bacon now!

You can't eat that for grinnin.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

NHB,

How far are from Cosby?

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was sitting here reading this morning about the truce that took place along parts the Western Front in 1914 during WW1 at Christmas time. Fascinating to me..... was that German, British and French soldiers openly walked across enemy lines and exchanged "gifts" and sang songs together. Even playing games of soccer and assisting each other in the burial of their dead.

That being said, I wondered..... could there could possibly be a thread here in this forum where there were no arguments, insults, or anything negative posted about anyone or anyone's viewpoints or politics or religion. A thread where only good will and good cheer is expressed. What do you think? Is it possible?
Best wishes to all my fellow T-netters, and "Season's Greetings!" I mean that sincerely. How ya doing today?

It's a shame that this needs to be asked. But thanks.
Actually I have only been on this forum a couple weeks and I've had very few skirmishes. I am not afraid to be forthcoming with my well reasoned opinions :) and that can cause others to react. But I always, always try to do it with respect and no ad hominum. If we all did that we could enjoy spirited discussions without them degenerating into pissing contests.

And I commend the moderators and members of this forum. It's 99% positive and helpful. Far better than any other forum I've been on.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all!

Oh a P.S.
The WWI Christmas Truce shows that the people on the front lines are just people. Not so different from each other. It's the power brokers who used them as fodder that caused the conflagration. The only thing wrong with the front line soldiers was that they believed the lies they were told and enabled the people in power to orchestrate that horrible war. What was true then is still true today.

Here's to a better New Year for all of us.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!! Enjoy your blessings!

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick,

Great thread. I wish to forgive so many people, those in Texas that find cool places where a store once was and get to sift everything underneath it. I forgive you. Those that live in Texas and are not subject to the finger numbing cold I tolerated here this morning to put fuel in wifes car. I forgive you. To those that complain it was hard to dig the sand on the beach because it had pebbles and shell fragments in it, I forgive you too. That would be on the days where it takes a 3 pound hammer to get a lesche in the ground here in Jackson County, MO. It would have been easier to put the lesche into one of the cracks in the ground. There was no target there, It was easier.

Merry Christmas to all my TNET friends. The rest of you that have it easy digging, warm weather, plentiful targets, I forgive all of you too.

RJGMC
HI BOB!

Merry Christmas to you Bob (Hi Bob! lol ) I always appreciate your sense of humor my friend. 'Till we meet again........

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a shame that this needs to be asked. But thanks.
Actually I have only been on this forum a couple weeks and I've had very few skirmishes. I am not afraid to be forthcoming with my well reasoned opinions :) and that can cause others to react. But I always, always try to do it with respect and no ad hominum. If we all did that we could enjoy spirited discussions without them degenerating into pissing contests.

And I commend the moderators and members of this forum. It's 99% positive and helpful. Far better than any other forum I've been on.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all!

Oh a P.S.
The WWI Christmas Truce shows that the people on the front lines are just people. Not so different from each other. It's the power brokers who used them as fodder that caused the conflagration. The only thing wrong with the front line soldiers was that they believed the lies they were told and enabled the people in power to orchestrate that horrible war. What was true then is still true today.

Here's to a better New Year for all of us.

Glad you see through the smoke:laughing7:.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I lived on Cosby for 6 years,no finer place on earth have I lived,

wish I was back!
And now you're in Western Mass ? You went in the wrong direction my friend. I spent my teenage years in Chicopee and some of my time in the Air Force at Westover. Got a daughter & 2 grand daughters in Granby. They can't wait to move down here when the time is right. This is a good place to grow old. I'm fairly close to Greeneville.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread