Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Merry Christmas to all!!!!

My five grandchildren ages 2 thru 12 are with us for the holiday. They got up before dawn! My ears are still ringing! Good fun!!!

My sincere wishes that everyone has a great day!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BC1969:

Your post brought back a beautiful memory. I grew up in Southern Ohio, and once every several winters we'd have rain that would turn to ice. Everything would be covered in ice, down to the smallest twig.

One year that happened, then it started to snow. I got up early to get a jump on shoveling out the sidewalk and driveway (Grandmother's house next door was next).

It was still dark, the snow was falling with the streetlight coming through and the dazzling lights of everything covered in ice. Just spectacularly beautiful. I stood there in the falling snow watching it all, because even as a teenager I knew I never wanted to forget that few minutes.

I never did.

Merry Christmas to all -

~ The Old Bookaroo
I didn't see this post yesterday, but I had a very similar experience when I was a young teen. One Christmas eve I awoke in the middle of the night to notice that snow had started falling. As I walked outside in it, I just stood there in the dark watching the falling snow amidst the backdrop street lights, it was so deafeningly silent and just an extremely beautiful scene. Yes, I will remember that night as long as I live. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas.

It's a whole different scene now though-

free-download-merry-christmas-beach-lights-3d-gif-animation-blog.gif

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas to all!!!!

My five grandchildren ages 2 thru 12 are with us for the holiday. They got up before dawn! My ears are still ringing! Good fun!!!

My sincere wishes that everyone has a great day!

Good morning and a Merry Christmas to you too Native Floridian.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see this post yesterday, but I had a very similar experience when I was a young teen. One Christmas eve I awoke in the middle of the night to notice that snow had started falling. As I walked outside in it, I just stood there in the dark watching the falling snow amidst the backdrop street lights, it was so deafeningly silent and just an extremely beautiful scene. Yes, I will remember that night as long as I live. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas.

It's a whole different scene now though-

free-download-merry-christmas-beach-lights-3d-gif-animation-blog.gif

Merry Christmas digummup. Have a great day!

Z
Z
Florida Christmas........

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beer was .10 cents, fifth of smirnoff 100 was $1.10...... It was good times..

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

I can picture it now, T_H and Ben Franklin at a table having a belt!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a best friend former roommate from hills of Kentucky, he use to bring us white lighting from home after vacations....

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TH,

My brother went into the Air Force 3 years after I did and spent a tour on Okinawa in Photo Recon. He was there in 68-70 I believe. He and his buddy went off base and played Santa Claus for the local town's children at Christmas. His buddy dressed up as Santa and as they were handing out presents, a local gang jumped them and beat up his buddy in the Santa suit pretty bad. My brother, who was strong as an ox, took on the entire gang and beat them up so bad that 2 of them almost died and about 6 others spent a good deal of time in the hospital. After he got his buddy medical help, he then went back and finished handing out presents to the kids. Did you have anything to do with the photo recon troops? Maybe your paths crossed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TH,

My brother went into the Air Force 3 years after I did and spent a tour on Okinawa in Photo Recon. He was there in 68-70 I believe. He and his buddy went off base and played Santa Claus for the local town's children at Christmas. His buddy dressed up as Santa and as they were handing out presents, a local gang jumped them and beat up his buddy in the Santa suit pretty bad. My brother, who was strong as an ox, took on the entire gang and beat them up so bad that 2 of them almost died and about 6 others spent a good deal of time in the hospital. After he got his buddy medical help, he then went back and finished handing out presents to the kids. Did you have anything to do with the photo recon troops? Maybe your paths crossed.

Sent you pm sounds like we did same thing...

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

Between colleges I worked in St. Thomas, USVI. Early- mid-1972. Cigarettes were a quarter a pack - fifty cents if you wanted something fancy like Dunhill's or St. Moritz. Jack Daniels $1.25 to $1.50 a fifth. Schaffer beer from the soda machine at the end of the sub base dock where we brought in the ferry was $.35 a can. Ice cold.

I still have my James Bond Submariner Rolex. Best investment I ever made...

Happy New Year to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread