confusing the confused a new clue?

Slytlytilted

Jun 19, 2007
Ok dont know if this is going to help anyone but ,while researching the Alphonse Mucha artworks i stumbled upon something that might be of importance then again maybe not . On pgs 7,8,9 in BOS there are 3 geometrical charts. Ok in a book i got from the library called "Art Nouveau Designs in Color" there is an geometrical picture that isquite close to the pict.on pg 7 of BOS. Ok also in the Art Nouveau book on the same page there appears another geometrical graph that actually divides up an Art nouveau border so i think that a clue might have something to do with geometry & maybe algebra in the breakup of art nouveau borders as introduced through the art nouveau style. The book is a Dover Publication

I have been working this puzzle treasure since it was published an have bought 3 books causei have torn apart the last 2 copies tryng to figure it out

Attachments

• Picture013.jpg
    Picture013.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 410
  • Picture014.jpg
    Picture014.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 409

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Slytly,

Welcome to our Home!

I was wondering if you had a picture or a Link you could post on this as it is very interesting Indeed.

Carol

OP
OP
S

Slytlytilted

Jun 19, 2007
hi carol yes i was just downloading to my computer should have them on soon,Paul.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Slytly,

Thanks for the pics. I tried to find the Book , but couldn't . What is the name of it again ?

Carol

BAD 4 MY BRAIN

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester, New York
Detector(s) used
my brain
Slytly thanks for the input,quite an interesting find you have there.I'll devote some time on it and let you know if i can get any help from it. It's nice to have you here and stop in anytime,it seems our fan base is strong but not many people speaking up.Glad to see your one of the few who do. Look for us in chat in the evening hours sometime. -BAD-

OP
OP
S

Slytlytilted

Jun 19, 2007
Hi Carol the name of the book is "Art Nouveau Designs in Color" Alphonse Mucha, Maurice Verneuil & Georges Auriol It is a "Dover Publication" Copyrighted in 1974. It is a republication of the french book are you ready for this?.........Combinaisions ornementales se multipliant a` l'infini a`l'aide du miroir.....originally published by the Librairie Centrale des Beaux Arts Paris,n.d (circa.1900)........hope that helps!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread