Whites Eagle SL II -90 Rechargeable Battery Pack

Feb 27, 2006
SUSSEX COUNTY, NEW JERSEY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's Eagle SL II -90 Rechargeable Battery Pack

I wonder if anyone knows how many milliamps are the individual c-cell battries in the 4.8 v pack. Each battery is 1.2 volts, but how many milliamps.I know someone knows. No guessing guys. This battery pack is used in most or all of the Eagle series units of the 1990's . Any help would appriciated. Thanks, Ralph

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
If you are building a rechargeable pack, the exact size (mah) is not critical. The higher the value you can find, the longer they will last. May make a difference on the charger you will need or can use, how long it takes to fully charge.

Artifact

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's Eagle Rechargeable Battery Pack with "C" Cells

I wonder if anyone knows how many milliamps are the individual c-cell battries in the 4.8 v pack. Each battery is 1.2 volts, but how many milliamps.I know someone knows. No guessing guys. This battery pack is used in most or all of the Eagle series units of the 1990's . Any help would appriciated. Thanks, Ralph

Here is a tip you might be able to use: When my grandkids were small, I bought rechargeable AA cells to power their many battery operated games. Otherwise I would have gone broke trying to keep up with their battery needs. Over the years I have built up a cache of 20 of these AA cells. By the way, "AA" cells, like "C" or any other cell, are rated in milliamp hours (MaH), i.e. they can provide so many milliamps for so many hours. The ratings vary all over the place and in general the higher the rating, the longer the battery will last.
Okay, now here is my tip. "AA" cells and "C" cells are the same length. You can replace a "C" cell with a "AA" cell and the equipment will work just fine. You just have to keep them in place. "AA"-to-"C" cell adaptors are available from many vendors on eBay (virtually all from China). But don't be dismayed. What I did was cut a piece of 3/4" diameter wood dowel rod a little shorter that a "C" cell and bored a 9/16" hole down the middle to hold my "AA" cell. The "AA" cells won't last as long as the "C" cells, but with my cache of 20 "AAs" charged up and ready to go, I can last as least as long as a couple of battery packs powered with the "Cs".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread