Old Garrett BFO

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Garrett at 1 (800) 527-4011 Hours of Operation: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM M-F CST
Explain what's wrong with it and they will probably tell you to take it off the rod and just send in the control box and the coil.
Click on the link below for the return repair form.
http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/forms/north_america_repair_form.pdf
Here is the address to send it to:
Garrett Metal Detectors
1881 W. State St.
Garland, TX 75042

If you can't print out the form I believe you can just send it in with a piece of paper with all the info on it.
I use the U.S. Post Office Flat Rate Medium box. It costs around $11 to send anything that will fit in the box no matter what the weight. Garrett usually pays the return shipping.
I found it is way cheaper than UPS and Fed EX. and it gets there in 3 days from the east coast. Their turn around is usually about 10 working days.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Ace, but I tried that several years back. I have dealt with Garrett often over the years, have an AT Pro and an Infinium now, but they say they no longer have parts to repair the early machines. My friend has one a few years newer, still 70s, and he tried last year and Garrett told him the same thing, they couldn't do it. Garrett, in my opinion, has the best customer service of any current manufacturer, but I guess one can't expect any company to stock parts and maintain personnel who'd be familiar with forty year old equipment. This is why I have turned to the forums, thinking there must be someone out there still working on these old detectors.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the symptoms?

marylandjack

Sep 24, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett BFO, Fisher F5/F75, Whites Coinmaster, D-Tex BFO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the Garrett MH BFO is still a candidate for repair, I can repair for $40 plus shipping. Let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread