Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265-X
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been many years since I've hunted coins and am looking at new machines. I have a 1265-X I bought years ago but it's dead and I have a few questions: (1) is this considered a decent detector by today's standards and is it worth repairing, (2) should I be able to find a schematic for this model, (3) what might it cost to have it repaired by someone on this site or by Fisher? Thanks, Steve

OP
OP
O

ohiodigger1950

Greenie
Jan 4, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265-X
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks.....I'll do that. I actually need to check the battery terminals first, it could be as simple as a bad wire/connection. I hope to do that this week. I have a few months here in Central Ohio till the ground thaws!

OP
OP
O

ohiodigger1950

Greenie
Jan 4, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265-X
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got off the phone with Fisher and they shy away from repairs on this model and have few replacement parts. I did get suggestions from one of the Fisher sales guys on some possible solutions! I also talked to Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and will most likely order an AT Pro in the next couple of days regardless of the 1265-X's status.

OP
OP
O

ohiodigger1950

Greenie
Jan 4, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265-X
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I checked out my 1265-X yesterday and the battery terminals were bad. Got a holder from Radio Shack and it fired right up. Any links to a manual? I downloaded one for the 1266-X. It looks identical but don't know if there's any significant differences in their operation.....would appreciate some feedback on a 1265-X manual or comparison of the two models. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread