Looking for a "speed handle" for an old Compass Judge 2 Metal Detector

johnsonjf

Feb 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! This is my first post on treasurenet.com, but hopefully not my last.

I was given an older model Compass Judge 2 metal detector as a gift from my fiance's grandfather recently. I got it working by fixing the battery wiring and it really is a great metal detector (plus it looks really cool). I'm still learning the basics of metal detecting.

However since it's an older detector, it didn't come with an arm cuff (Compass called it a "speed handle") and so it becomes cumbersome to detect with it for a length of time. I am looking to see if anyone has a Compass Judge 2 Speed Handle they are willing to sell or donate to an eager new metal detector.

I'd much rather have an original attachment so that the detector is kept with OEM parts only, but if needs be I'll need to resort to bending my own pipe and retrofitting a modern arm rest onto it so it at least looks accurate.

Anyone out there able to help or that at least can point me to a Compass collector on the forum?

IMG_2391.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome John_ !

nice old Detector... Good Luck :thumbsup:

ETEXHunter

Feb 25, 2015
E. Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE 250, Tesoro Bandito uMax, Compass coin scanner, Tek Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Keith Wills at (removed by mod, not a supporting vendor). I think I have seen those in his shop. He used to be a dealer and Service Center for Compass.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

johnsonjf

Feb 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I actually found one off ebay a while back. The Compass Judge 2 shared the speed handle (or a very similar variant) with the Garrett Gopher, and ended up finding one by searching for the Garrett version. I also had problems trying to find a good clamp for it (almost impossible to find) but ended up finding an "11AN 22.2mm Billet Fuel Black Hose Separator". Basically machined aluminum used to hold hoses in place, but also worked swell to attach the speed handle!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually found one off ebay a while back. The Compass Judge 2 shared the speed handle (or a very similar variant) with the Garrett Gopher, and ended up finding one by searching for the Garrett version. I also had problems trying to find a good clamp for it (almost impossible to find) but ended up finding an "11AN 22.2mm Billet Fuel Black Hose Separator". Basically machined aluminum used to hold hoses in place, but also worked swell to attach the speed handle!
That is good .. Keith has parts for Compass and also has coils for older Garrett detectors that garrett does not make now and no one has in stock..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions