V3i troubles and Whites Customer Service.......This ticks me off!!!!!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
V3i troubles and White's Customer Service.......This ticks me off!!!!!

My V3i is having issues and White's told me to ship it back to them in Oregon for them to take a look at it. This of course is a pretty big inconvenience as I will be without a machine until it's returned. What has me a bit ticked off is that the machine is under warranty and I was told I would have to pay shipping both ways. If I had bought a $300 metal detector that would still bother me. But having spent $1,500 for the machine and an extra $350.00 for extra coils I would like to think White's would pick up the $12.00 return shipping fee to get it back to me. It is once again still under warranty.

I had a pinpointer manufactured by another company that went bad. They covered the shipping back to me no questions asked.

This has left a bad taste in my mouth with regards to White's customer service. So when the machine gets back here it will be up for sale if anyone is interested.

I sure hope the good people at Whites has the integrity and honor to NOT delete this post as it is all fact.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Beez,i myself have an mxtpro that was sent in exchange for mxt300 that could not be fixed no problem.But now after returning the pro for problems sent back after recalibrated.My detector is now doing the same thing as oljersey girls.I sent them email telling them it would cost me again and expensive to send it back for a second look.I have never had any problem from them for they went beyond to satisfy me but im waiting for reply .It has now been 3 days kinda wondering what happened.Im sure they would do something for you it sounds they should for they really bend over backwards for there customers.I always email Connie Seward for she is great.Maybe they are backed up since spring is in the air.Anyway maybe both of our problems will be resolved soon.Good Luck,VANZUTPHEN

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wait till its happened to you twice. Come to that my old XLT had three returns in the first two months of ownership but I caught the general manager at a Rally and demonstrated it and he took it away and finally got it fixed and returned at no cost.

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called them for a new control box cover, after they decided I wasn't skilled enough to set rivets, I was told to ship it back and pay them to replace it, then sent to a voicemail with no call back . I bought a new Minelab Excal II with a factory coil defect and was told to pay shipping on that at my own cost. This detector boom will end and we wont forget who gave good service, Ive literally set thousands of rivets. With jigs, bucking bar and hammers, you name it, Ive riveted it. The firearm industry experienced a similar rise in sales recently and people kept note of good and bad service now companys are going out of business. $1500 is a lot of money and then add extra shipping cost others don't have to pay is wrong.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I called them for a new control box cover, after they decided I wasn't skilled enough to set rivets, I was told to ship it back and pay them to replace it, then sent to a voicemail with no call back . I bought a new Minelab Excal II with a factory coil defect and was told to pay shipping on that at my own cost. This detector boom will end and we wont forget who gave good service, Ive literally set thousands of rivets. With jigs, bucking bar and hammers, you name it, Ive riveted it. The firearm industry experienced a similar rise in sales recently and people kept note of good and bad service now companys are going out of business. $1500 is a lot of money and then add extra shipping cost others don't have to pay is wrong.

I own 3 Whites and I find this read here very disturbing for a company like Whites Electronincs, INC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread