minelab 705

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a b*tch i would like to give that detector a go, like the idea, computer chip in the loop for different frequency. that's a plus....

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love mine, although only used mid freq. std coil -hope to get a 3 Khz soon. My display had issues so its now in for repair. I suspect it might not be the last time
but hope not.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the 3kHz felt quite a bit heavier than the mid freq coil of identical size and shape. Must be due to more cooper windings or size of cooper used?

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
they all have theyre problems...minelab, whites garrett fisher...just one of those things!

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also In the same position. 3 coils and the board. I do believe its a ground balance issue. If I do auto its erratic with several problems. I gave up on the machine and bought a second however the second got stolen now Im back with the "Lemon" I put more use on the second owned it longer and never needed any warranty work. When they work they find the gold. I have an RMA and will be sending the Lemon back in again and will let you know. Did your problems start with Erratic EMI? Minelab has been very good at working with me, the service has been great, this machine is just a Lemon, I owned it 8,9 months and it had 3 Repairs... That's when I just wrote it off as a loss and bought another, hopefully it gets fixed.

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got off the phone with kelleyCo. I've also done several new coils, PCB and a tech said they figured out the problem was a bad batch of PCBs new and replacements. Get them RMA's going. Good luck. I'll have mine back Friday. I have 2, 1 is a year newer and has more hrs, I suspect it was made after the bad PCB's were handed out. There is light at the end of the tunnel (this is coming from a guy who bought a second 705 and accepted the fact I lost $700 on a warrantied machine)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions