Garrett AT Pro Help !

darmentle

Jul 7, 2014
Redding
Detector(s) used
ForsGold+ ,Garrett AT Pro,Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got my pro about 2 months ago and been noticing ever since i got it. That it acts really erratic all over the place it still kind of works just not as smooth as others that i have watched on you tube. keeps saying its hitting on something with value of 99 @ 10+ inches so i dig down a few inches run the detector over the spot again and the signal is gone. Does this right after another constant. Today i switched out the coil to a 5x8 DD and took it prospecting in a dry river bed and same issue sounds like i am hold a geiger counter and walking threw radioactive field or something. I have ground balance tell the sound is gone, Checked Connections, Changed Battery,Reset button,Freq Change. I also played with the different modes and sensitivity doesn't change. Any idea thanks ?

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you have covered all the basics. One thing I may suggest is do a factory reset with the machine OFF as starting point.
You may have to call Garrett customer service.

OP
OP
darmentle

darmentle

Jul 7, 2014
Redding
Detector(s) used
ForsGold+ ,Garrett AT Pro,Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No nothing i just think the ground is just really hot in some areas i go to.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i use my atp in super heavy mineralised soil...no probs.garrett needs to check it out for sure.just make sure if you have a coil cove on it is clean between

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know when my no longer "likes" what it seeing after I take a few inches of soil it will be discriminated out but that is when I am NOT in all metal mode or any PRO mode setting. So say I am coin shooting and it hits a target 90+ at 10" if I take the first say 3" of dirt off and pass the double D over the hole and it doesn't ring off its because it sees the target better and it now lands in my disc setting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread