Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The constant noise is called a threshold and normal. Do a factory reset and then select coin mode (in whatever language that is). Then hunt. No need to program anything to hunt with an Etrac or CTX out of the box. Get andy S's book and read it. Don't fiddle with all the settings until you understand what they are actually doing.

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
Might be worth a call to Minelab. May be some Vulcan death grip combination of the switches that will allow you to change languages of the machine.

Jeff

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The constant noise is called a threshold and normal. Do a factory reset and then select coin mode (in whatever language that is). Then hunt. No need to program anything to hunt with an Etrac or CTX out of the box. Get andy S's book and read it. Don't fiddle with all the settings until you understand what they are actually doing.

I bought an E-Trac this year, first year of hunting and found 75 silver coins and 8 large cents with it. I also bought Andy S book and used his program on the E-Trac. I modified it a little to go to two tone ferrous which simplified it for me. You can search for the program and download. But I highly recommend the book. Just go and search in a park where there is a lot of new coins around to get a good feel for what you are seeing in the ground and are used to the numbers and tones. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread